Remember Scroll Position of Blueprint List-View in BP book-window

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Remember Scroll Position of Blueprint List-View in BP book-window

Post by ichVII »

TL;DR
Remember scroll position in a bp book while opening a blueprint.

What ?
When you have a large blueprint book, you scroll down in it, open a blueprint and then close that blueprint again, you are back at the start of the book. I would like to be at the exact place I was before.
Why ?
Because it can be really hard to find back to the page you just opened. Vanilla supports 1000 blueprints in a book, so this problem is not restricted to mods. If you want to actually work with large blueprint books, this feature would be very welcome.

And usually, when I take a closer look at a side of a real book I do not immediatley go back to the first page afterwards. But maybe that's just me.

PS:This refers to the stable version 0.17.79. I am not aware, if this is still the case in 0.18.15.

Edit: It exists in 0.18.15 and I am reffering to scrolling in the blueprint book window, not shift+scrolling while holding the book in hand. That is why i refered to "large blueprint book", as the scroll bar only shows up for a large blueprint book.
Last edited by ichVII on Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Scroll Tracking for bp books

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I checked in 0.18 and if you take the blueprint book from your inventory or your hotbar it remembers the last used blueprint. When you take it from the blueprint library it doesn't but changes the icon regardless. I would consider this a bug and reported it: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=82749
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ichVII »

You did not understand me correctly. The issue is present in 0.18.15. If you have a large blueprint book and you scroll down in it, then open a blueprint by left-clicking it and close it again by e.g. Esc, the blueprint book window is scrolled back to the top. This has nothing to do with the active blueprint.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

oh ok, sorry. Now I get it. Took me quite a while to make a blueprint book that was large enough to even get the scroll bar :lol:

I think it would be better if the blueprint book wouldn't remember your latest position though but just automatically scrolls to the active blueprint when opened.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ichVII »

I am not referring to closing the book and then reopening it. Then I agree with you. I am just referring to opening a blueprint in the book and then closing that blueprint. This reopens the book immediatley and I think in this case it should keep track of where you scrolled.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Remember Scroll Position of Blueprint List-View in BP book-window

Post by ssilk »

Changed title of suggestion to follow content. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Remember Scroll Position of Blueprint List-View in BP book-window

Post by jodokus31 »

I want to up this.

My usecase is, that I have a blueprint book from library as shortcut in my hotbar. Then I right click on it to open to book, when I want to edit a blueprint. (I'm not talking about using the book to place the next blueprint, this works all right)
When I have many blueprints in that book, it always opens the book from the start and I have to scroll down to get to correct position.
I would be easier, if the book opens on the last scroll position:
blueprint book scroll position.png
blueprint book scroll position.png (417.33 KiB) Viewed 750 times

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”