[0.17.79] Are logistic drones not working 100% ?

Bugs that are actually features.
BasterFac
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.79] Are logistic drones not working 100% ?

Post by BasterFac »

been noticing a while ago but thought some one might fix it :)

if i have a request for something, in this case 1000 stone, why are not all available drones trying fill the crate with 1000 stone ?
as you can see in the attachment there are many drones not working.

the game is modded with bobs mods so the drones currently carry 7 or 8 items.
but still, most of them are idling.

if i would have 2000 drones, they wouldnt sill not fill the crate. the provider crate is full btw.
is this intended or is there a setting to change this ?
otherwise i personally want this crate full (with 1000 stone) as fast as possible and want to keep it at the requested ammount.
Attachments
Factorio A11.jpg
Factorio A11.jpg (322.5 KiB) Viewed 1495 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] Are logistic drones not working 100% ?

Post by boskid »

Post a save file or hover mouse over stone's request slot and post printscreen of that - i suspect you are simply missing stone supply.

BasterFac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BasterFac »

attached save game
Attachments
Grafen2.zip
(10.98 MiB) Downloaded 97 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

There are no bugs in that save. Because of mods you have robot cargo capacity of 8 so in most cases at most 125 robots will be moving stone to that requester chests (@1k request). For numbers from a screenshot, i would expect 78 logistic robots to be on a way and this also fits to amount of working logistic robots.

BasterFac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BasterFac »

I kind of unterstand what you mean.

But should not at any point be 1000 stone (or at least close to) in that crate ? even while its being drained ?
I just sped up the production and the crate is getting emptier (see picture attached).
And there are still not more drones hauling the stone.

I could maybe set the request to 4000 or more, than it might work. But if I would need those 4000 in a short period I would have to request 10000 or whatever... and so on

I kind of want to use more drones to fill the crate with 1000 stone so they should look for a surplus in the crate. better then an empty crate.
should be no problem with all the idling drones.
Attachments
Factorio A12.jpg
Factorio A12.jpg (769.29 KiB) Viewed 1466 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

BasterFac wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:24 pm
I kind of unterstand what you mean.

But should not at any point be 1000 stone (or at least close to) in that crate ? even while its being drained ?
I just sped up the production and the crate is getting emptier (see picture attached).
And there are still not more drones hauling the stone.
This is working as intended. Factorio is not doing any estimation about "oh, you are consuming 300 stone/m while robots have to travel 10s with given cargo capacity so lets increase amount of stone in air". If you request 1000 that means you will get 1000 (amount in chest + amount in air being delivered). If you get something, this will request more robots but transport delay makes amount in chest not be always 1000. If you want you may use buffer chests that will store extra stone somewhere close so in case of usage peak, robots have to travel less distance so request can be lowered, but this you can learn by yourself.

Return to “Not a bug”