Requesting all items as a single signal

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

HrHauptfeld
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Requesting all items as a single signal

Post by HrHauptfeld »

Hi everyone,
I'm collectiong all the alien artifacts (bobs enemies) from my frontlines in one place and would like to transport them back to the mainbase.
While my current LTN setup works perfectly, is there a way to avoid requesting every single item and just merge all the content of my storage to one signal?

I tried to use a combinator to output the count of all items as signal X to the provider stations and also requesting X at the requester. But since X is not an item, that doesn't work. If I use any other item as the sum output it obviously doesn't work either since there are several items loaded into the trains and it never reaches the requested amounts before the idle timeout.

Are there any ways to realize a setup to load everything from a station with just one singal/item?

pawpouk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Requesting all items as a single signal

Post by pawpouk »

As far as I know LTN will combine deliveries if items are requested and provided in same station and train have enough capacity.
So if station A is requesting item1 and item2 and station B is providing item1 and item2 at the same time and train have capacity to deliver both items, LTN should combine them into 1 delivery.

If you set requestor limit to 1 and provider limit to 1 (or to whatever value you want to deliver for single item type) and send your provider station content to LTN only if total count of items is greater then your desired threshold, it should work.

For example you have requester station threshold set to 100 for item1 and item2, provider station threshold to 100 for item1 and item2. You have set combinator to send provider station content to LTN when there is total item count greater then 1000.
- If provider have 700 item1 and 200 items, no signal in provider -> no delivery
- If provider have 950 items and 50 items, delivery for item1 will be created (item2 is lower then threshold)
- If provider have 600 item1 and 400 item2, combined delivery for both will be created.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”