SOLVED [LAN] launch a game without internet : Error with auth server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
zebu14
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

SOLVED [LAN] launch a game without internet : Error with auth server

Post by zebu14 »

Hello, I am trying to start a new headless server game (on a fresh install of headless 0.17.79) hosted on a LAN (without internet access)

I have set :
"visibility":"lan",
and
"_comment_require_user_verification": "When set to true, the server will only allow clients that have a valid Factorio.com account",
"require_user_verification": false,

In the server_settings.json file

I am using the following cmd to start the game :
/opt/glibc-2.18/lib/ld-2.18.so /images/factorio/bin/x64/factorio --executable-path /images/factorio/bin/x64/factorio --server-settings /images/factorio/data/server-settings.json --start-server /images/factorio/test.zip

(my glibc is installed into /opt/ and factorio into /images/)

I obtain :
5.135 Factorio initialised
5.135 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:54: Downloading https://auth.factorio.com/api-login?api_version=2
5.148 Error HttpSharedState.cpp:136: CURL failed: code:6, 6; Could not resolve host: auth.factorio.com
5.148 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:145: Downloading https://auth.factorio.com/api-login?api_version=2
5.148 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:146: Status code: 0
5.148 Info AuthServerConnector.cpp:29: Auth server json parsing error: Could not resolve host: auth.factorio.com
5.150 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:138: Quitting multiplayer connection.
5.150 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:776: updateTick(4294967295) changing state from(Ready) to(Closed)
5.198 Goodbye
0.000 Error Util.cpp:83: Couldn't parse the response from the auth server. This seems to be an internal server error.

As if the server-settings.json was ignored ....

Have I missed something ?

Thank you
Last edited by zebu14 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

zebu14
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [LAN] launch a game without internet : Error with auth server

Post by zebu14 »

Hello,

I have finally found how to start the headless server withou auth check

I had my credentials still present in the server-settings.json files :
"_comment_credentials": "Your factorio.com login credentials. Required for games with visibility public",
"username": "hello",
"password": "######",

"_comment_token": "Authentication token. May be used instead of 'password' above.",
"token": "#########################",

I removed the password and the token and now it's ok.

If it can help someone with the same behavior ==> Be sure to have nothing filled in "password" and "token" fields.

Return to “Technical Help”