[0.17.76] Armor GUI doesn't change when changing armor

Bugs that are actually features.
n_slash_a
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.76] Armor GUI doesn't change when changing armor

Post by n_slash_a »

When swapping out armors in Armor slot, then armor GUI does not update. In the screenshots and text, I am using the Power Armor MK2 and MK3 (from the Power Armor MK3 mod), but I just replicated it with the vanilla Power Armor and Power Armor MK2, so I don't think it is mod related.

What did you do?
1. Equip Power Armor MK2.
2. Right click on the Power Armor MK2 icon on the bottom right of the screen.
3. Observe the equipment grid size (screenshot Untitled1)
4. From your characters inventory, click on the Power Armor MK3, move the mouse over the armor on the bottom right of the screen, and click to replace the armor.
5. Observe that the armor and equipment grid size did not change (screenshot Untitled2).
6. Press 'e' to close the window.
7. Right click on the Power Armor MK3 icon on the bottom right of the screen, to re-open the window.
8. Observe that the armor and equipment grid size is updated (screenshot Untitled3).

What happened?
The armor GUI did not update to the new armor. However, the characters inventory size did update correctly. Also, the shortcuts update (the Toggle Exoskeleton and Toggle personal roboports go from disabled to enabled) correctly.

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
When the new armor is equipped, both the characters inventory and armor GUI update at the same time.
Attachments
Untitled1.png (3.28 MiB) Viewed 1142 times
factorio-current.log
log file
(8.25 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
5. Observe that the armor and equipment grid size did not change (screenshot Untitled2).
Untitled2.png (2.52 MiB) Viewed 1143 times
8. Observe that the armor and equipment grid size is updated (screenshot Untitled3).
Untitled3.png (2.58 MiB) Viewed 1143 times

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.76] Armor GUI doesn't change when changing armor

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Not exactly a bug, but is confusing until you figure it out. And yes, I want it changed too.

Opening the armor Gui opens it, but the game doesn't associate that with it being equiped armor.
So, on swapping armor, it doesn't close the armor you removed, or open the one you just equipped.

It makes more sense once you realize that you can always open armor inventories even when not equipped.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:36 pm
Not exactly a bug, but is confusing until you figure it out. And yes, I want it changed too.

Opening the armor Gui opens it, but the game doesn't associate that with it being equiped armor.
So, on swapping armor, it doesn't close the armor you removed, or open the one you just equipped.

It makes more sense once you realize that you can always open armor inventories even when not equipped.
Correct.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Hope this will become *even more* intuitive with the upcoming UI changes for the character screen.
I was also super confused the first time I ran into this.

Return to “Not a bug”