Error Loading Mods (no mods installed)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
lazy comet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Error Loading Mods (no mods installed)

Post by lazy comet »

I don't have any mods installed and i get the following error when i try to load the game (may have typos as i can not copy/paste the error):
Failed to load mods: error when reading from file: Operation not permitted.: _ _base_ _/graphics/entity/artillery-wagon/remnants/hr-artillery-wagon-remnants.png

I have the option to disable all mods, restart, or exit. Restarting or disabling mods does not allow the game to launch

I have an AMD ryzen 1600x running windows 10 with the game purchased through steam.
I have made no adjustment to the base game ever and was able to launch the game about 1 week ago

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Error Loading Mods (no mods installed)

Post by posila »

Hello, your filesystem seems to be corrupted.

In Factorio properties in Steam Library use "Verify Integrity of Game Files". If that doesn't fix it click on "Browse Local Files" instead, then in File Explorer that opens navigate to \data\base\graphics\entity\artillery-wagon and delete "remnants" folder. Then run "Verify Integrity of Game Files" again.

lazy comet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Error Loading Mods (no mods installed)

Post by lazy comet »

Re-validating the files did the trick. 2 files where replaced.

Thank you very much

Return to “Technical Help”