What i wish

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
pichutarius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

What i wish

Post by pichutarius »

This is NOT a suggestion. Instead, this thread is for players to share what annoys them, and changes their wish to see in game, or agree/disagree with others opinion. Also given the game has matured to this stage, it is unlikely dev will change it.
1. Assembly Machine 3 craft speed set from 1.25 to 1
Tweak all assembly recipe craft time to 80% the original (either rounded or not).
Effect: AM3 stays the same, buff AM1, AM2, player craft speed by 25%.
Why? Easier mental calculation. Shouldn't craft speed base on most entity used? Ironically its the opposite.

Also, stone furnace = 0.5, steel/electric furnace = 1, tweak all furnace recipe craft time to 50% the original.

Side note: i like chemical craft speed set to 1, thanks dev.
2. Show 3 significant figures everywhere
How much is 1.0k? Somewhere between 1000 and 1099.
Factorio uncertainty principle states that after u got 1000 of anything, u cant know the exact number, uncertainty Δx > 10% .
Most hated principle. :(
3. Arithmetic Progression everywhere
AM craft speed: 0.5 / 0.75 / 1
Speed module: 20% / 35% / 50%
Production module: 4% / 7% / 10%

Regardless of these annoyance, Factorio is still an awesome game.

Welcome and sit, share your "i wish" list, or agree/disagree with me.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: What i wish

Post by Koub »

pichutarius wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:29 am
it is unlikely dev will change it.
Then why even bother reporting these as issues ?

1 and 3 are balancing stuff. If your eally dislike the current ratios, it's so easy to mod even I could do it.

2 is a GUI issue, and gui is being reworked on. "Three significant figures everywhere" has been requested for some time now, maybe will the suggestion have been heard by the devs.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

pichutarius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pichutarius »

nope, im not "reporting these as issues"

i just wanna complain, getting it out my chest, just like many other human beings.

also
this thread is for players to share what annoys them
the title "what i wish" stand for any player, not just me.

surely you too have something that annoys u. care to share?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

pichutarius wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:42 am
surely you too have something that annoys u. care to share?
Nope. Well actually there are things that do bother me, but I prefer contributing in the Suggestions or balancing subforums - when I'm not too lazy - to make the game better, instead of just complaining.

I think it's too early to complain : the game is still in development, and features that have been rejected by the devs for years sometimes come back to implemented when the devs get the right angle to address the core issue with a twist (last examples : the non-colliding biters, and the tile construction job batches for conbots).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

This is not constructive.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

+1 for suggestion #2, the others are the way they are for reasons of cost, tech level, and gameplay balance.

Pandrosos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pandrosos »

I agree that the way *no* assembling machines have a 1x rate is an unnecessary complication. Though if you're using assembler 3s you're probably using modules and beacons anyway - without modules I think assembler 2s make more sense. 0.5/1/1.5 or even 0.5/1/2 would be good speeds.

Krazykrl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Krazykrl »

Pandrosos wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:15 pm
I agree that the way *no* assembling machines have a 1x rate is an unnecessary complication. Though if you're using assembler 3s you're probably using modules and beacons anyway - without modules I think assembler 2s make more sense. 0.5/1/1.5 or even 0.5/1/2 would be good speeds.
You can just go "I need double crafttime for assem1s, double minus a half crafttime for assem2s, and crafttime minus a quarter for assem3s" These numbers are totally doable with simple mental math dealing with fractions down to only one quarter.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

Krazykrl wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:33 pm
Pandrosos wrote:
You can just go "I need double crafttime for assem1s, double minus a half crafttime for assem2s, and crafttime minus a quarter for assem3s" These numbers are totally doable with simple mental math dealing with fractions down to only one quarter.
Only the first of those is correct, you need 4/3 time for assem2, and 4/5 time for assem3.

pichutarius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pichutarius »

Pandrosos wrote:
yes i factor in module effect too, setting 1x still makes mental calc easier.

Return to “General discussion”