Construction Bot gets stuck; can't place rail because blocked by reconfigured cliff

Things that has been reported already before.
TurboJetXII
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Construction Bot gets stuck; can't place rail because blocked by reconfigured cliff

Post by TurboJetXII »

No mods/17.62
Easy to reproduce.

To reproduce, load save and place ghost rail as shown here:
PlaceRailToTriggerBug1.png
PlaceRailToTriggerBug1.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 835 times
What (I think) happens is the first blocking cliff is marked for deconstruction and a bot places explosives on it. When the explosives detonate the cliff outline changes and the final bot cannot place the rail because the new cliff outline prevents construction there. The Bot just sits there, playing the "construction sparks" animation and waiting...indefinately.
ConstructionBotStuck.png
ConstructionBotStuck.png (649.04 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Before I figured this out I was sure I had found a bug! I now realize this is a very minor issue, but I was genuinely confused for a while. I don't think it is good for bots to get stuck like this but understand it's not a huge issue. Possible solutions:

1. When cliffs get reconfigured, remove any ghosts that they block, or (better?) mark conflicting cliffs for deconstruction.
2. When bot tries to place ghost and finds it is unable to do so perhaps it should just give up and return to player?
3. When bot tries to place ghost and finds it is unable to do so perhaps mark blocking cliff for deconstruction so either another bot can help clear the way or at least player can see big red 'x' to know cliff is blocking rail. I was confused because previously there was no obstruction there.
Attachments
PreBug1.zip
(5.42 MiB) Downloaded 80 times

Return to “Duplicates”