[0.17.59] Crafting >= N+2 of cost less recipes isn't possible.

Bugs that are actually features.
Jorropo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.59] Crafting >= N+2 of cost less recipes isn't possible.

Post by Jorropo »

I was playing seablock pack and I've tried to craft somethings requireing paper in a intermediate craft.
With this modpack paper is made of Cellulose pulp and Cellulose pulp of Cellulose fiber and algenic acid, Cellulose can be "foraged", its simply a craft without any cost, only time and algenic acid is made using some machinery (I was having way enough in my inventory).

Cellulose fiber is correctly printed with a ∞ but cellulose pulp appears as missing ingredients even if enough cellulose fiber could be crafted (from nothing) and enough alginic acid is stored in my inventory.
But strangely clicking on the cellulose pulp lunch a craft and enough subcraft of cellulose is triggered.

But when trying to craft paper (wich is made of 2 cellulose pulp) (wich appears as missing ingredients like cellulose pulp) the game says : "Not enough ingredients" (in French (that my language)).
But if some cellulose pulp is stored paper like cellulose pulp isn't craftable (so only stored cellulose pulp can be used to craft n+ items).

(The image show evrythings, how cellulose pulp appears uncraftable and how it can still be crafted, (the uncraft able paper isn't here because it doesn't works))

How to reproduce :
  • Get a fresh 0.17.59 instances (probably works before).
  • Install or update Seablock pack in the list of mods.
  • Create a new game (mine the starting rock).
  • Using commands give yourself a stack of algae-brown (200) (should be enough) (that not craftable by hand) (the bug also works if brown algae is obtained legitly)
  • Try to craft paper (you can't even you can craft all requirements)
  • Try to craft cellulose pulp (you can even it was printed as missing ingredients)
  • Retry to craft paper (now that should works because you have some cellulose pulp).
I know this bug isn't possible in the default game, but here the bug is with the crafting engine due to a weird usage of it by a mod, a won't fix is maybe justified.
Also I noticed asking to craft all possible cellulose fiber doesn't create an infinite number of craft task (also it doesn't crash the game) but only a stack wich is cool and a good first step in handling cost less recipe so I don't think removing ability to do them a good things.

PS: I consider missing ingredients is when no number is on the item in the crafting tab and the item is slightly gray.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.59] Crafting >= N+2 of cost less recipes isn't possible.

Post by Bilka »

The recipe is marked to not be an intermediate recipe in handcrafting. Moving to not a bug.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Jorropo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.59] Crafting >= N+2 of cost less recipes isn't possible.

Post by Jorropo »

Okay sorry, I wasn't knowing somethings like that possible.

Return to “Not a bug”