[Twinsen] [0.17.50] Regression: inserters get stuck more easily

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ignatio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Twinsen] [0.17.50] Regression: inserters get stuck more easily

Post by ignatio »

Inserters are significantly more prone to get stuck picking up items from belts in 0.17.50. I know it is a regression since 0.17.47, when I last ran my inserter throughput tests and opened a bug report about inserters behaving differently in different directions (which they still do, but not in exactly the same cases).

Previously there were only a few cases when inserters got stuck, and it was essentially only for basic and burner inserters in combination with express belts. Now it happens for long-handed, basic, and burner inserters, also for fast belts, and for many more belt setups. Sometimes it happens only in some directions and is dependent on timings, but often not.

I'm using the same savegame I linked to in the other bug report to find them, but for convenience I extracted one example with long-handed inserters in the blueprint below. Just place it and it should show stuckness pretty quickly in at least some directions. If not, reset it by toggling off and on the constant combinator to the upper right that is connected to the green cable.

This example does not get stuck in 0.17.49 (but incidentally it shows a directional asymmetry there for the north->south inserter).

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Twinsen] [0.17.50] Regression: inserters get stuck more easily

Post by Twinsen »

Should be fixed in Version: 0.17.59.

I reverted the behavior partially to how it was before 0.17.50, while not slowing down the inserters as much.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Twinsen] [0.17.50] Regression: inserters get stuck more easily

Post by Twinsen »

Postponed a few releases since this exposed a desync issue that should also be resolved.

EDIT: Should be fixed in Version: 0.17.60.
EDIT: Fixed the fix in Version: 0.17.61.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”