[17.47] Erratic Framerate

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
CheaterEater
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[17.47] Erratic Framerate

Post by CheaterEater »

After updating Factorio to the newest version 17.47 I find that my game framerate varies, going high for a short period (<1 second), then going low, then back again. It makes the game look like it's stuttering. I find this happens with no mods and a new savegame.

This also occurs in version 17.46. If I roll back to 17.45, the framerate is smooth as expected. However, this only affects my desktop computer, and the same game on my laptop runs smoothly.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.61 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

CheaterEater
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [17.47] Erratic Framerate

Post by CheaterEater »

I installed the non-Steam version to see if that was fine, and it worked fine when I loaded up a save. I then switched to the Steam version to see if the problem persisted, and the same save loaded there had the same issue as before, with stuttering visible. I then switched back to the non-Steam version after shutting down Steam, and the game crashed on loading the save file. I've attached the save game, modlist and log. I did try uninstalling all mods, restarting Factorio and starting a new game, and the stuttering persists.

*edit* It seems that if I restart Factorio, it causes this problem. The first time I start Factorio, it runs fine, even when I switch between saves or start a new one. If I restart Factorio without restarting my computer, I get this stuttering problem, even with no mods installed only doing new saves in the non-Steam version. I fixed it by setting the refresh rate on my monitor to 60 Hz instead of 144 Hz, which lets me restart without suffering any stuttering problem.
Attachments
mod-list.json
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
1.zip
(9.1 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
factorio-current.log
(8.23 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Return to “Technical Help”