[Request] 0.13 Fire Spread for 0.17

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Shakar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Request] 0.13 Fire Spread for 0.17

Post by Shakar »

Back when flamethrowers were introduced (I believe it was 0.13, correct me if I'm wrong), it was possible to sometimes start uncontrollable forest fires. Sometime as the patches went on, this spread was heavily reduced so it wouldn't affect large areas. Would anyone happen to know of a mod or have one for 0.17 that reverts flame spread and forest fire damage back to how it was in 0.13? While some may find it annoying, I personally liked it back then as it game me a choice to determine how exactly I wanted to get rid of trees.

Did I want to clear a patch with bots or do I want to simply do away with it since I have tree farm mods anyways? Often, I'd do it the fun way of destroying the patch and would like to have the danger of letting it go out of control again.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] 0.13 Fire Spread for 0.17

Post by eradicator »

I don't know about "controllability". As far as my tests go the fires didn't stop prematurely. Maybe different tree types have different spacing. I do have a one line change to tree fires that makes it not leave burnt trees, so that the area is completely clear after a fire. fire-flame-on-tree also has a bunch of spread-controlling attributes which you could experiment with until it fits your needs.

Code: Select all

data.raw.fire['fire-flame-on-tree'].tree_dying_factor = 1
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Shakar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Request] 0.13 Fire Spread for 0.17

Post by Shakar »

Yeah I wouldn't really know where to go to edit the files needed. And as for the trees being destroyed, I don't need that part changed. I just want the wildfire experience from 0.13 back where if you weren't careful, you could set entire forests on fire. I believe presently it only spreads just so much before it stops.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”