New chemical plant texture is great BUT...

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Elisse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New chemical plant texture is great BUT...

Post by Elisse »

What about remove input/output pipes if there is not input/output of liquid.

Assemblers works same way, if there is liquid input/output then pipe appears. It is not presented all the time.

For example plastic factory, i really do not like output pipes on chemical plants in my plastic factory where it has no purpose.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New chemical plant texture is great BUT...

Post by Deadlock989 »

Massive pain in the neck for the artists. You're effectively quadrupling the amount of work involved for a minor aesthetic. Assemblers are different: they are a very basic shape so you can just paste the pipe connector image on top, and even that is a pain for an amateur modder to recreate. You couldn't do that for the existing chem plant, let alone the new version.

What this really highlights is the minor inconsistencies in "chemistry" recipes versus "crafting-with-fluid" recipes. Batteries, for example, are made in a chemplant but that recipe produces no liquids so it could just as easily be made in an assembling machine, like a blue processing unit is. Some modders change things around so that chemplants are only ever used for recipes which produce fluid outputs. You only really need a chemplant if there are either two fluid inputs and/or two fluid outputs. Anything else works in an assembling machine just fine.

Elisse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: New chemical plant texture is great BUT...

Post by Elisse »

You only really need a chemplant if there are either two fluid inputs and/or two fluid outputs. Anything else works in an assembling machine just fine.
Great idea i agree with that proposal :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”