[Dominik] Game Crash - FluidBoxManager::onDestroy

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
powerbreak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Dominik] Game Crash - FluidBoxManager::onDestroy

Post by powerbreak »

Game crashes when i try to make express transport belts in assembling machine 2
Attachments
_autosave2.zip
(10.8 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
factorio-current.log
(11.54 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Game Crash

Post by boskid »

[0.17.40]

Code: Select all

c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ipxlbj\src\fluid\fluidboxmanager.cpp (464): FluidBoxManager::onDestroy
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ipxlbj\src\fluid\fluidboxmanager.cpp (498): FluidBoxManager::reset
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ipxlbj\src\entity\assemblingmachine.cpp (740): AssemblingMachine::checkFluidMixingWithRecipe
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ipxlbj\src\entity\assemblingmachine.cpp (426): AssemblingMachine::setupForCrafting
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ipxlbj\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (2190): GameActionHandler::setupAssemblingMachine
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ipxlbj\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (323): GameActionHandler::actionPerformed
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ipxlbj\src\input\inputhandler.cpp (61): InputHandler::flushActions
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ipxlbj\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (366): GameActionHandler::update
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ipxlbj\src\mainloop.cpp (1149): MainLoop::gameUpdateStep
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ipxlbj\src\mainloop.cpp (1022): MainLoop::gameUpdateLoop
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ipxlbj\src\util\workerthread.cpp (42): WorkerThread::loop
Looks like related to [Dominik][0.17.39] crash setting up assembling machine mk2 - need info

Can you provide some details about how this assembler happend to be in corrupted state? What order you placed blueprints relative to research? Can you provide blueprint you used to build this mall?

Workaround fix is to remove assembler ghosts and place assemblers again - issue is related to placing assemblers with recipe(with fluids) that is not yet invented, playing in <=0.17.38 - assembler or assembler ghost is in corrupted state and needs to be removed before rebuilding

-- edit:

From other topic:
Dominik wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:47 pm
ReBootYourMind wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:39 pm
Maybe if the blueprint was placed in 0.17.38 but the crash happened in 0.17.39?
Migration fixes the issue, so it needs to be within one version.
@Dominik: how it is that provided save is from 0.17.39, opened in 0.17.40 still crashes? Maybe this issue is because blueprint was placed in <=0.17.38 where this bug was still reproducible, but migration script fails to fix assemblers? I can save this map so it converts to 0.17.40 but it still crashes: no help from migrations.

powerbreak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by powerbreak »

Ye i read that post it didn't crash once i removed ghost assembler and then placed it it worked. I dont remember in which patch i placed that blueprint it was quite big and i couldn't make blue belts for a while so i dont remember when i placed bp. So i placed bp before research patch or more ago and then placed assembler after i reserached logistics 3. But theres another problem i was playing 17.39 when 1st crash happen and then it updated to 17.40 after 1st crash. But even after update it kept crashing if i placed assembler directly on ghost.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Dominik] Game Crash - FluidBoxManager::onDestroy

Post by boskid »

Yup, managed to reproduce it:

1/ Using [0.17.38] create sandbox map (in my setup, standalone 0.17.38 for win10)
2/ place above blueprint
3/ save map

This gives following save file:
clean_0-17-38_with_bp_stamped.zip
(858.04 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

4/ Using [0.17.41] open above save file (in my setup, steam version 0.17.41 for win10)
5/ enter editor mode to place assembler for blue belts
6/ select blue belt recipe

This gives following crash:

c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ftwfl1\src\fluid\fluidboxmanager.cpp (464): FluidBoxManager::onDestroy
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ftwfl1\src\fluid\fluidboxmanager.cpp (498): FluidBoxManager::reset
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ftwfl1\src\entity\assemblingmachine.cpp (740): AssemblingMachine::checkFluidMixingWithRecipe
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ftwfl1\src\entity\assemblingmachine.cpp (426): AssemblingMachine::setupForCrafting
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ftwfl1\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (2190): GameActionHandler::setupAssemblingMachine
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ftwfl1\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (323): GameActionHandler::actionPerformed
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ftwfl1\src\input\inputhandler.cpp (61): InputHandler::flushActions
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ftwfl1\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (366): GameActionHandler::update
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ftwfl1\src\mainloop.cpp (1149): MainLoop::gameUpdateStep
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ftwfl1\src\mainloop.cpp (1022): MainLoop::gameUpdateLoop
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-ftwfl1\src\util\workerthread.cpp (42): WorkerThread::loop

1539.143 Error FluidBoxManager.cpp:464: this->doneSetup was not true
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(30.76 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(731.57 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

boskid wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:08 pm
@Dominik: how it is that provided save is from 0.17.39, opened in 0.17.40 still crashes? Maybe this issue is because blueprint was placed in <=0.17.38 where this bug was still reproducible, but migration script fails to fix assemblers? I can save this map so it converts to 0.17.40 but it still crashes: no help from migrations.
Ok, then that is the first time. Every time I loaded a save with the crash in our current version, which is one higher, it worked fine.
Edit: now I see why. All the saves before had the assembler already built. While this one still has the ghost.

So it seems that the issue indeed can't be created anymore, but can carry over in the ghost. Which is rather good news.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Sounds reasonable.

So in 70999 and 70848, bug exists because:
1/ in <=0.17.38 blueprint was placed but assembler was left in ghost state
2/ migration to 0.17.39 happend that did not fix assembler as it is still ghost
3/ player placed assembler (without it there would be no crash)
4/ crash happens and is invulnerable to further migrations as no more fixing is provided

Map from this bug report is before stage 3 so it solved question how assemblers in above two bug reports happend to be corrupted even with migration fixes

Solution would be to fix assemblers and assembler ghosts when migrating to 0.17.42, am i right?

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

boskid wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:49 am
Sounds reasonable.

So in 70999 and 70848, bug exists because:
1/ in <=0.17.38 blueprint was placed but assembler was left in ghost state
2/ migration to 0.17.39 happend that did not fix assembler as it is still ghost
3/ player placed assembler (without it there would be no crash)
4/ crash happens and is invulnerable to further migrations as no more fixing is provided

Map from this bug report is before stage 3 so it solved question how assemblers in above two bug reports happend to be corrupted even with migration fixes

Solution would be to fix assemblers and assembler ghosts when migrating to 0.17.42, am i right?
Yes, almost exactly like this. One detail is that the bugged ghost can only be created in .38 (not before) because that is when I made the bug by making ghosts show correct fluid connections. In .39 I fixed it.
The real assembler does not carry the bug over, only the ghost. So yes, I have now added a fix for the ghost. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

Thanks a lot for the help of all of you to figure it out!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”