Smelting bug?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Kingdud
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Smelting bug?

Post by Kingdud »

Thanks for all the help so far. This morning I was continuing to work on my bulk smelter and found an interesting/frustrating problem. It appears to be 10% slower than it should be.

If I build 405 electric furnaces, put 12 beacons around each one, 2 prod mods in each one, and let them run, they stabilize at 122k plates/min. When I scale my bulk smelter to have the same crafting speed (13.4) (since it gets 60 beacons instead of 12) as the 405 smaller furnaces, I only get 110k plates/min. It's about 10% too low for some reason. It has the same crafting speed, the same productivity multiplier...everything should be the same, but it's 10% slower and I can't figure out why.

I thought it might be the factory filling with outputs, so I changed iron-plate to stack to 5000, and that did nothing. I thought maybe inserter contention was a problem, so I created 9 output boxes and tweaked the result formula so that each box got something. Nothing I've tried has worked to bring us over that 110k plates/min number, except giving a 10% boost to the base crafting speed of the building. Does anyone have any theories on why the big building is slower than many small ones? Is there some simple math principle I've forgotten in my old age?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Smelting bug?

Post by Deadlock989 »

Have you hit the top limit of one craft per tick, i.e. 60 per second?

Kingdud
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kingdud »

No. The crafting speed is the same as the normal furnaces, around 4 crafts per second IIRC. *does math* 5 crafts per second, my bad. So one craft every 12 or so ticks.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Kingdud wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:43 pm
Is there some simple math principle I've forgotten in my old age?
That is pretty hard to say without seeing any of the math you did ;) Also, how can the crafting speed of the large furnace be the same as that of a normal furnace, yet it is supposed to produce as much as 405 furnaces? I assume you are using a custom recipe?

Kingdud
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kingdud »

Bingo. 405 ore in, 405 plates out.

Return to “Modding help”