Crash on loading screen Mac OSX.9.5

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
zbeeblebrox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Crash on loading screen Mac OSX.9.5

Post by zbeeblebrox »

Hey, I'm using Yosemite, and no matter which version of the game I try to run - the latest release or the experimental versions - I consistently crash after loading to 10%.
I tried looking around for a solution, but I can't seem to find anything with an answer. Is there a fix for this by any chance?

User_Name
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Crash on loading screen Mac OSX.9.5

Post by User_Name »

Update game to version 0.11.3
Attach your blueprints to forum posts with Foreman or Blueprint string.

zbeeblebrox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zbeeblebrox »

That version doesn't work either, I'm afraid.
I tried messing with the configs but that had no effect, since I don't think the game even gets to those before crashing. It hitches on loading mods actually, but if I disable the only mod listed in the mod list, it actually freezes my whole computer, which I haven't had happen since the OSX.4 days. KInd of crazy.

[ninja edit] actually, changing the graphics config to low did work when I tried it on the stable release! So I guess I'll stick with that version. I don't know why the experimental versions refuse to acknowledge the same exact directory information, but I guess that's what it means to be experimental.

chapium
Inserter
Inserter

Post by chapium »

Yosemite broke some things in .10, however in the .11 series the issue with loading was resolved. (at least for me)

infinitehubgear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by infinitehubgear »

Sounds like you're getting the same issue as me.

zbeeblebrox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zbeeblebrox »

infinitehubgear wrote:Sounds like you're getting the same issue as me.
Looks like it. 11.3 crashing for both of us. Can you get the stable release to run? I can, oddly enough, even though chapium says the opposite is happening on his end. Actually, chapium do you know which graphics card is in your Mac? I have the AMD Radeon, but I recall there being another brand available..

Can anyone confirm whether the directory folder for Factorio has changed between .10 and .11? When I delete everything and try .11 it fails to build anything beyond the folder itself and the mods subfolder. But .10 builds the whole folder contents before crashing, which is why I can fix the configs and make that version work. If I knew what the directory for .11 looked like, I could probably just put it together by hand and maybe force it to work that way...assuming the crash issues are even related between .10 and .11

infinitehubgear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Yep, 0.10.x and 0.9.x works for me. I do have to put the low graphics mode on to make it playable.

infinitehubgear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

@ zbeeblebrox, try chlue's suggestion.

Return to “Technical Help”