[0.17.31] Sidebar Options UI inconsistency when reaching Size taller than Screen

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.31] Sidebar Options UI inconsistency when reaching Size taller than Screen

Post by GregoriusT »

Couldn't decide if this was a Support Request, a Question or a Bug Report. All I know is it is probably a Problem.

So I am playing with plenty of Mods, and a lot of them made the new Menu thing right of the Hotbar their Home. Thing is, my Monitor is 1680x1050 and reducing the UI Scale is definitely not an option for my eyes, as I want all Item Slots to be 1cm² in Size, and I do not want to buy a bigger Monitor, since that wouldn't fit well on my Desk.

As you can see on the Screenshot, the List of available Commands for the Sidebar thing extends up to the maximum Height of the Screen, if one more Mod decides to add something to that List, I will probably no longer be able to click it, so a Scrollbar for that Menu would be a great Addition.

Edit: Ofcourse I took precautions and placed all the List Elements that I am not going to remove from the Sidebar up at the top, so it wont matter if they get obscured, at least right now.

Edit 2: In a follow up Post I have collected the Evidence for a UI Bug,

At 100% UI Scale after starting the Game normally, the Scrollbar does not exist despite the List definitely going offscreen.
Then I have set it to 75% UI Scale in the Settings, and all of a sudden a Scrollbar appeared for that List!!!
And then I went back to 100% and somehow magically the Scrollbar STAYED!!!

This is clearly a Bug, since it shows inconsistent UI Behavior.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190414_042151.png
Screenshot_20190414_042151.png (2.04 MiB) Viewed 2012 times
Last edited by GregoriusT on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't underestimate Landmines!
Biters bite, Spitters spit, Spawners spawn and Worms... worm? - No, they throw their vomit! They even wind up to directly hurl it at you! friggin Hurlers...

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.31] So what happens if that Sidebar Options thing is larger than my Screen is tall?

Post by TruePikachu »

For completeness sake, what is your screen resolution and GUI scale?

EDIT: Resolution is 1680x1050

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.31] So what happens if that Sidebar Options thing is larger than my Screen is tall?

Post by GregoriusT »

UI Scale is 100%, and now that I think of it, why is 75% the default, shouldn't that one be called 100%? XD
Biters bite, Spitters spit, Spawners spawn and Worms... worm? - No, they throw their vomit! They even wind up to directly hurl it at you! friggin Hurlers...

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

75% is probably the default because your screen is less than 1080p.

If you set the GUI scale to 97%, is the entire list visible? If it is, this is not going to be considered a bug at this time, as the minimum fully-supported resolution is 1080p at 100% GUI scale.

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GregoriusT »

The entire list is already visible at 100%, thing is: one more Element to that List and it goes off the screen, and with more Mods this can become a HUGE problem even for people with larger Monitors. That is why I suggest a Scrollbar to it as a fix, so that no matter the amount of modded extra Entries (and there can technically be hundreds of those), it will always be selectable and nobody gets issues.

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GregoriusT »

New Development on the thing, apparently setting the UI scale to 75% fixed the lack of scrollbar, then setting it back to 100% made the scrollbar stay and everything works now somehow. Might need further investigation on my end as to why that happened.

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GregoriusT »

Okay I have collected the Evidence for a GUI Bug,

At 100% UI Scale after starting the Game normally, the Scrollbar does not exist despite the List definitely going offscreen.
Then I have set it to 75% UI Scale in the Settings, and all of a sudden a Scrollbar appeared for that List!!!

This is clearly a Bug, since it shows inconsistent GUI Behavior.
Attachments
Screenshot_100_percent_with_scrollbar.png
Screenshot_100_percent_with_scrollbar.png (2.1 MiB) Viewed 1927 times
Screenshot_75_percent_with_scrollbar.png
Screenshot_75_percent_with_scrollbar.png (2.29 MiB) Viewed 1927 times
Screenshot_100_percent_without_scrollbar.png
Screenshot_100_percent_without_scrollbar.png (2 MiB) Viewed 1927 times

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

GregoriusT wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:23 am
Okay I have collected the Evidence for a GUI Bug,

This is clearly a Bug, since it shows inconsistent GUI Behavior.
Huh, ran into this same issue, although I start at 75% (and it goes off screen). Any way to fix this without messing with the GUI scale on each and every game reload?

GregoriusT
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.31] Sidebar Options UI inconsistency when reaching Size taller than Screen

Post by GregoriusT »

Okay just saw a Fix listed in the update Log from yesterday, which describes my Issue. Apparently this was a duplicate all along and I didnt go back in time far enough to see the other Report of this Issue.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”