[0.17.26] Pollution producing things show up as consumers in production statistics window

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
theCowofDoom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.26] Pollution producing things show up as consumers in production statistics window

Post by theCowofDoom »

// Previous subject was: No pollution is being produced.

I just looked at the pollution statistics in the production window in my deathworld and no pollution has been produced for ~40 minutes, which also lines up with the time I've played sine the update.
Attachments
deathdeath-no pollution.zip
(12.43 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
Last edited by theCowofDoom on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.26] No pollution is being produced anymore

Post by Ultros »

It looks like pollution production statistics is broken (the machines show up as negative polluters), but the polluters are still polluting. It does appear that a new bug was introduced.

Another report was included in my partial report about broken pollution statistics for items with negative emissions, but this is a bigger bug involving all pollution producers, not just negative emissions ones. Interestingly, actual negative polluters do not show up in the pollution producers list.

viewtopic.php?p=421185#p421185
Last edited by Ultros on Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ametalon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ametalon »

Same problem for me.

theCowofDoom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by theCowofDoom »

Oh, I see. The pollution producing things are shown as pollution consuming in the statistics window.

So not a problem with pollution, just how the statistic is shown.

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.26] Pollution producing things show up as consumers in production statistics window

Post by Ultros »

Additional investigation shows that pollution producers are actually appearing as consumers, i.e. everything is flipped. The yellow machine is a modded item which produces negative pollution, see my other bug report viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69164

Negative producers actually show up in the Producers page when they are consuming pollution, and disappear when there is no longer any pollution in the area. It appears that we just need a negative sign and all will be well. Items that are not machines (biters, trees, chunks) still correctly show as pollution consumers.

Last edited by Ultros on Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ametalon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ametalon »

theCowofDoom wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:56 pm
Oh, I see. The pollution producing things are shown as pollution consuming in the statistics window.

It seems to be more than just that. Map screen shows super polluted cells and their neighbours are completely clean. So there is something wrong with dissipation too.

theCowofDoom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.26] Pollution producing things show up as consumers in production statistics window

Post by theCowofDoom »

Biter spawners, ground tiles and trees however show up as pollution consumers, as usual.Image

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

ametalon wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:03 pm
theCowofDoom wrote:

It seems to be more than just that. Map screen shows super polluted cells and their neighbours are completely clean. So there is something wrong with dissipation too.
Do you have a screenshot of this? I don't see this in my main base or my testing base.

theCowofDoom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by theCowofDoom »

ametalon wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:03 pm
theCowofDoom wrote:

In the save game I posted in the start of this thread, I see nothing special with the pollution. The red intensity of the minimum visible pollution in map view was increased a lot in 0.17 if that's what you're seeing maybe?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Apparently, even the most simple fix can be broken. Fixed for 0.17.27

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

kovarex wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:11 pm
Thanks for the quick fix of my report and the new bug!

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

kovarex wrote:
Just to get a bit of clarification, did this bug break the pollution model or only the production stats window?

nailertn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nailertn »

TruePikachu wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:24 pm
Just to get a bit of clarification, did this bug break the pollution model or only the production stats window?
It's not just the stats window. I started a new deathworld game, filled an entire coal patch surrounded by biter bases with burner drills and let it run for an hour. Biters didn't give a damn.

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

TruePikachu wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:24 pm
kovarex wrote:
I am 99% sure it's only the production stats window. The miners that I placed for testing in .26 created and spread pollution, and the cloud was visible on the map. I didn't test biters, but since the bug was directly linked to the overhaul fix of an earlier bug report viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69164 , I doubt that it would have affected the actual pollution dynamics.

Xiphoris
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xiphoris »

I'm experiencing this problem. My buildings show up as "Consumers" of pollution, and not producers.

Pollution in my game never spreads, no matter what. It all stays on the same cells. As a result, the pollution never seems to dissipate or spread, and I never received biter attacks:
PollutionNeverSpreads.png
PollutionNeverSpreads.png (328.9 KiB) Viewed 7777 times
My pollution machines also show up as consumers:
PollutionStats.png
PollutionStats.png (2.07 MiB) Viewed 7777 times
I am experiencing this on game version 0.17.26

Shogal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shogal »

I created new game in 0.17.26, built 4 burner miners and feeded each other (in circle), then changed speed to 100 (and all i did was collecting coal from them to prevent jamming) - and pollution never escaped this chunk where my mine were located.
Rolled-back game to 0.17.25, created map with the same map creation screen - and pollution spreaded quite quickly.
If I save game in the middle of 0.17.25 play and update to 0.17.26, continue playing - then pollution will still spread, but eventually stop spreading.
So, looks like 0.17.26 is unplayable at this moment.

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

Shogal wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:07 am
I created new game in 0.17.26, built 4 burner miners and feeded each other (in circle), then changed speed to 100 (and all i did was collecting coal from them to prevent jamming) - and pollution never escaped this chunk where my mine were located.
Rolled-back game to 0.17.25, created map with the same map creation screen - and pollution spreaded quite quickly.
If I save game in the middle of 0.17.25 play and update to 0.17.26, continue playing - then pollution will still spread, but eventually stop spreading.
So, looks like 0.17.26 is unplayable at this moment.
Looks like you're right. A new game with only miners ends up with the miners' chunks polluting up into the hundreds of units and nothing is spreading into the surrounding tiles. I think this definitely qualifies as a separate bug, although I'm not sure why I noticed the pollution to be spreading earlier. It might also be possible that this bug is related, so solving one will also fix the other.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

This is exactly why I quoted a dev with my question, sending a notification, so we could get clarification.

sawbladex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sawbladex »

Yeah, it seems like chunks that were polluting at the time of the new patch being applied work fine, but as soon as a chunk becomes inactive, polluting the chunk causes pollution to just build up in the chunk.

Obviously, for new maps, all chunks are not polluting at the time of the patch.

boran_blok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by boran_blok »

Well, we started a new map on .26 and chunks are polluting, it is just not spreading out. these chunks are very dark red. and limited to just the areas where the miners/boilers are located.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”