Trains...

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
equitime77
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Trains...

Post by equitime77 »

Trains have really taken a hit with the 0.17 update. Its difficult to click on them when the engine is on a bend. Its very hard/impossible to see where the problem is in their route, it was easy to see before. Its impossible to select a straight piece when its overlapped by a bend. Thats just what I have found atm, and Ive not even got my train system set up yet... Thanks for being great devs tho, I appreciate you putting out your bugfixes so quickly.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Trains...

Post by kovarex »

You need to be more specific, as I don't understand what you mean exactly.

equitime77
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by equitime77 »

Sorry, I'm not very good with words.

When a train is on a bend its difficult to get the mouse to highlight the engine so that it can be clicked on.

When in the train view (sorry cant remember right word here) I cant see far enough on the train's route to find out where it is being blocked. Fortunately I am not new to trains so can go along the route to find it. I'm sure that in 0.16 it was easier to see. A newer person wouldn't be able to do so. Changing to the map view doesnt show me the train's route. In the train view the route doesn't show me where it is blocked.

When trying to remove track, if there is a straight piece that is already overlaid by a bend, you have to remove the bend in order to be able to remove the straight, when you want the bend to stay. There is a better way to say it but I may have to think about it.

Please let me know if you require better words.

equitime77
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by equitime77 »

Sorry, even when the engine is on a junction on the straight part of it, its still not easy to select the train

Return to “Pending”