[Oxyd] [0.17.14] --map-settings does not do anything with --start-server-load-scenario

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Oarc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.17.14] --map-settings does not do anything with --start-server-load-scenario

Post by Oarc »

Hi,

Note, in both problems below, I first found when trying to test with my own scenario. However, I switched to the default freeplay scenario to rule out anything in my scenario causing problems.

FIRST PROBLEM: - less important, easier to work around.

I just downloaded 0.17.14 on my linux server. I tried to use the map-settings.example.json and got an error:

Launch:

Code: Select all

0.000 2019-03-15 22:51:15; Factorio 0.17.14 (build 43773, linux64, headless)
   0.049 Operating system: Linux (Ubuntu 16.04)
   0.049 Program arguments: "/mnt/ssd/factorio_0.17/factorio/bin/x64/factorio" "--start-server-load-scenario" "freeplay" "--map-settings" "map-settings-oarc.json" "--server-settings" "oarc-server-settings.json" "--server-banlist" "banlist.json"
   0.049 Read data path: /mnt/ssd/factorio_0.17/factorio/data
   0.049 Write data path: /mnt/ssd/factorio_0.17/factorio [174142/234602MB]
   0.049 Binaries path: /mnt/ssd/factorio_0.17/factorio/bin
   0.063 System info: [CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, 4 cores, RAM: 16047 MB]
   0.063 Environment: DISPLAY=<unset>, WAYLAND_DISPLAY=<unset>
   0.063 Running in headless mode
   0.067 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
   0.122 Loading mod base 0.17.14 (data.lua)
   0.380 Loading mod base 0.17.14 (data-updates.lua)
   0.510 Checksum for core: 2126933501
   0.510 Checksum of base: 1281086707
   1.170 Info PlayerData.cpp:67: Local player-data.json available, timestamp 1552704434
   1.170 Info PlayerData.cpp:74: Cloud player-data.json unavailable
   1.171 Custom inputs active: 0
   1.173 Factorio initialised
   1.174 Info GlobalContext.cpp:686: Waiting for child processes to exit:
   1.176 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:138: Quitting multiplayer connection.
   1.176 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:714: updateTick(4294967295) changing state from(Ready) to(Closed)
   1.210 Goodbye
   0.000  Error Util.cpp:83: Key "enemy_attack_pollution_consumption_modifier" not found in property tree at ROOT.pollution
Error:
0.000 Error Util.cpp:83: Key "enemy_attack_pollution_consumption_modifier" not found in property tree at ROOT.pollution

Fix:
Added "enemy_attack_pollution_consumption_modifier": 1 to the map-settings.json file in the pollution category at the end of the list.

Note:
This happened to me on 0.17.12 and 0.17.14. I almost posted before but was not able to reproduce the issue again while on 0.17.12.
I upgrade my server by overwriting the existing installation folder. Could this be the problem? I have not tried a "fresh" install yet since I need to figure out which files/folders to keep between installs.

Question:
Is it expected that you have to have a "FULL" map-settings.json file, that you can't just have only the settings that you want to modify?

SECOND PROBLEM - more important, no easy workaround

--map-settings do not seem to have any effect when I launch with --start-server-load-scenario

I have tested disabling pollution, enemy evolution, enemy evo factors. Nothing seems to take effect.
I check in game by running commands like:
/c game.player.print(game.map_settings.enemy_evolution.enabled)

--map-settings file has this disabled, but yet it's enabled in game.

Same procedure as above.
I have no known work around other than providing a runtime way to configure map_settings in the scenario code itself. Which is not ideal ofcourse.

I asked around a lot on forums/discord and got no answer as to other people struggling with the same issue. Either I'm the only one trying to use this feature or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Oarc

Oarc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [0.17.14] --map-settings does not do anything with --start-server-load-scenario

Post by Oarc »

I know this is a low priority issue, but I wanted to check if this was a confirmed bug?

--map-gen-settings works fine with --start-server-load-scenario but is there any other way to use --map-settings or --map-gen-settings with a scenario?

My understanding is that --scenario2map doesn't use either of those options right?

Thank you!

IIPoliII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [0.17.14] --map-settings does not do anything with --start-server-load-scenario

Post by IIPoliII »

Hello,
I can confirm i have the same issue that my --map-settings don't load and it's pretty annoying for automated scripts it makes all work bigger for such a tiny thing as generating the map.

CaspianDrago
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CaspianDrago »

I also have the same issue. I have tried using --map-settings with both --start-server-load-scenario and --scenario2map with no effect. It does work when using --create, but that just loads the freeplay and not a scenario.

Code: Select all

C:\Factorio\Factorio_0.17.24\bin\x64\factorio.exe --start-server-load-scenario FactorioScenarioMultiplayerSpawn --map-gen-seed 4 --server-adminlist C:\Factorio\Settings\server-adminlist.json --server-settings C:\Factorio\Settings\server-settings-oarc.json --map-settings C:\Factorio\Settings\map-settings.17-14.json --map-gen-settings C:\Factorio\Settings\map-genTreeFilled.json --server-banlist C:\Factorio\Settings\server-banlist.json
Only the technology price multiplier is set in the scenario, all else should be pulled in from map-settings. It does not seem to effect this issue if I comment out the scenario code regarding the multiplier.

I have tried modifying the evolution factors in the map-settings.json
Attachments
map-genTreeFilled.json
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
map-settings.17-14.json
(3.57 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

squiddog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by squiddog »

Is there any update on this?

Oarc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Oarc »

I would like to be able to go back to a pure command line starting of my scenario servers. There are at least 10 or more popular multiplayer servers that I'm pretty sure would use this feature if it was working. Work arounds are tedious.

But I know it's not a major feature and not many use it or are even aware of it...

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, should be fixed in 0.17.48.

Oarc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Oarc »

This makes me very happy! Thank you!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”