Rubber Belts mod - error

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Ambroz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Rubber Belts mod - error

Post by Ambroz »

Hi.
I'm working on the rubber belt's mod from 0.16 (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RubberBelts) just for personal use, but I've hit a problem that I can't solve. Here is the screen from the error:
Hope that you can help me. I really like this mod and would like to have it, and maybe some more mods that use rubber.

moon69
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Rubber Belts mod - error

Post by moon69 »

0.17 has changed the belt animation properties.

A quick look at the 0.17 base transport-belt entity shows you should just need to change the images under "basic_animation_set" instead of "animations", "belt_horizontal", "belt_vertical", etc.

So I am guessing that in crappybelt.lua you need to replace all the "redirectTexture" calls with a single:

Code: Select all

redirectTexture(belt.basic_animation_set.animation_set)

Ambroz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ambroz »

Well. It didn't work.
New Screen:
plemiona prywatny serwer

I'm also sending a link to the crapybelt.lua and data-update.lua file on my google drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OCgrQA ... sp=sharing - crapybelts.lua
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yVQUOS ... sp=sharing - data-update.lua

moon69
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by moon69 »

On closer insepction, it needs to be

Code: Select all

redirectTexture(belt.belt_animation_set.animation_set)
However a more significan't issue is that the base game (hr-)transport-belt.png files have changed shape, so new graphics are needed.

I've created new graphics, and uploaded the complete updated mod here:
https://filebin.net/sslxa1m1iyywx364

The above link expires in one month time, so download and save it somewhere!

Cheers,
Moon

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

On what basis did you think it would be acceptable to take the mod, update it yourself with no contact with the real author whatsoever, and then encourage people to use that in place of the real version?

You could have contacted me and said "your mod is not working in 0.17, and I think this is the reason". Or even "hey RubberBelts doesn't work on 0.17" with no reason given at all, and then I would have known there was a problem and thus been able to do something about it. You did neither and either hoped I would not notice or simply did not care about the problems you are causing.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

meh
Last edited by steinio on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

moon69
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by moon69 »

Apologies, but chill man. As you can see above, I initially just gave advice on how to get it working for a private user to update themselves.

When they couldn't figure it out, I helped a bit further and got it working, so I looked to share my findings with you via a github pull request on your repositry.

Unfortunately there is no source in your github page, so I instead uploaded it to an existing issue there so you could check it out.

I didn't mean to step on your toes.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

moon69 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:55 pm
Apologies, but chill man. As you can see above, I initially just gave advice on how to get it working for a private user to update themselves.

When they couldn't figure it out, I helped a bit further and got it working, so I looked to share my findings with you via a github pull request on your repositry.

Unfortunately there is no source in your github page, so I instead uploaded it to an existing issue there so you could check it out.

I didn't mean to step on your toes.
It is the fact you made no effort to contact me - here, GitHub, or otherwise - that makes me question your motives. Especially given that that would have saved you the work of doing it yourself.

At any rate, I will work on getting the mod releaseable for 0.17 today.

moon69
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by moon69 »

I went to github precisely because I did want to contact you.

I'm intrigued though - what nefarious motives do you think I had? I wasn't hiding anything!

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

moon69 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:08 pm
I went to github precisely because I did want to contact you.
After having already made a release, not in the "planning" phase.
moon69 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:08 pm
I'm intrigued though - what nefarious motives do you think I had? I wasn't hiding anything!
I assume you are unfamiliar with the cancer that is people copying mods, making one or two changes, and re-releasing them?

Ambroz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ambroz »

Reika. I'm very sorry to not contacting you.
I really apologize for that. Like I wrote in the first post I just wanted to try and update it on my own, because I dodn't think that you will be interested in updating it, because of the low number of downloads.
I didn't even think of uploading the changed version of the mod, like I said it was only for private use.
So please calm down. If you are willing to update the mod, than this topic is going to the trash bin.

I never even thought to upload the changed version of the mod.

Return to “Modding help”