[Dominik][0.17.4][Mod] Crash on load - probably migration of overlapping entities.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Dominik][0.17.4][Mod] Crash on load - probably migration of overlapping entities.

Post by azesmbog »

Greetings,
my game crashes after loading the save, when I'm still in the loading screen.
I've attached the files to the topic.

I cannot provide the save file myself, the current size is 402 MB: ((((
I have a lot of saved files, almost every day I have, the file from January 25th, 322 MB in size, is loaded without any problems, the game time is 1448 hours.
For January 29, the file is no longer loaded: (
The current game time is approximately 2200 hours, in 0.16.51 version, I would not want to go back so far.
If you still understand, well, then I will accomplish the feat and try to download a file to Google Drive, but I need it at least 6 hours: (
Or should I wait for the next versions and try them?

Thank you, yours faithfully.
Attachments
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(586.75 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
factorio-current.log
(7.36 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.4] Crash loading super-over-mega-big save (Target has no fluid system)

Post by Loewchen »

Your log is from 0.17.1 and there is a fix for a similar issue for .2, are you sure you had that crash in .4? If yes, post a log from that version.
Ref.: 65137

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.4] Crash loading super-over-mega-big save (Target has no fluid system)

Post by azesmbog »

I apologize, really the log is not from the wrong folder attached.
Of course, I tested the game on 0.17.4, tried 15-20 different saves, and then decided to test it on the original version 0.17.1, loaded it, and by chance from that folder the log ..
I attach two logs, the previous and very last, 2172 hours of playing time
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(7.43 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
factorio-current.log
(7.43 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Looks good, the save file would still be very valuable.

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

Here are 3 more log files from the system to Windows 10
Last save on 0.16 running,
last save on 0.17.4 not working,
and saving from January 25 - working at 0.17
The saving itself is trying to load onto a Google disk, an approximate load time of 3.5 hours
Oh yeah, the sound is not turned on, I hope it does not matter for the test.
Attachments
factorio-current_0.17_W10_crash.log
(8.91 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
factorio-current_0.17_W10_2501.log
(38.19 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
factorio-current_0.16_W10.log
(26.2 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

Made a feat.
From the second time I uploaded the file to google drive, the first time Windows 10 went into hibernation: (
So the process took more than 6 hours.
Directly the link itself
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SSIMY ... ngYyUOGGUR
File "123.zip (383M)", in Total Commander 401,910,944 bytes size

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.17.4] Crash loading super-over-mega-big save (Target has no fluid system)

Post by Dominik »

Hi,
the playtime is impressive :) I hope you have time for other things too, though.
I was able to fix one fluidbox related issue (that emerged from some weirdly configured assembler). But there appears to be whole bunch of other problems - some I see with belts, then there is a lot of overlapping pumpjacks and more. I will have to pass this to others who have expertise in this area.
As a hotfix, you may want to try to remove the colliding entities in a version that you can open, that could avoid the crash. You get a list in the log file.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17.4] Crash loading super-over-mega-big save - fails to setup entity.

Post by Dominik »

The issue after my fix of a small fluidbox issue (which should be in 0.17.8) is that a loading check discovers an entity that is not setup (an underground belt, I think), which throws an exception, destroys the game, and then it crashes in destructor of a fluidbox whose owner entity has already been deleted - I don't know where. I think that both issues could be related to the new migration of overlapping entities.

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.4] Crash on load - probably migration of overlapping entities.

Post by azesmbog »

Hey. It's me again :)
the playtime is impressive :) I hope you have time for other things too, though.
Yes, for other things and work - time remains a little, but at the moment I only play this game :)
And I didn’t go anywhere, diligently checking every released version of the game. Today I checked 0.17.14 - still without changes, my saves still crash :(( But at the same time, they work normally in 0.16.51
As a hotfix, you may want to try to remove the colliding entities in a version that you can open, that could avoid the crash. You get a list in the log file.
I would have great pleasure in trying to correct these conflicting objects myself, but in the log file I don’t understand what to look for. On underground pipes? On underground tapes?
Is there a LUA script to remove ALL selected objects? Pipes or underground transport tapes?

And an important question - this problem is only with my preservation, unique, and no one else can have this anymore ?? Then all the more you need to try to fix it with your hands :)

The game time is now 2427 hours, this is +200 hours to the previous save.

But I even look at the preservation that works for me (from January 25) and the technology research tree has not been fixed.
Of course, all the studies are open to me.
I attach two screenshots.
Is this normal, should it be?
Highlighted in red - is it undiscovered research ??

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

I won it !!!
I put another "Medal of Honor"
I killed a lot of time and a few dozen saves in 0.16.51 and subsequent downloads in 0.17.14;)
First removed the underground belts. In total, removed about 2,000 belts. Not all, but most. Did not help.
Then after that I began to remove underground pipes.
When almost everything was deleted on the main territory, the saving was loaded correctly)
Began to delete a little. With 10 times found the place where the crash occurs.
Highlighted by a red frame. And you need to delete, save, boot into 0.17.14 and restore. Voila!
Well, if this is of course interesting to developers.
In general, this place is radically redid, this is a refinery.

Well, with the technology tree most likely because of the new recipes such troubles.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Thank you for pinpointing the spot. I will do some tests around it.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.17.4] Crash on load - probably migration of overlapping entities.

Post by Dominik »

About the science, that is an unrelated issue and not my area. If you want that to be looked at, please, make a separate report for it. I suspect though that it would already exist somewhere.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.17.4][Mod] Crash on load - probably migration of overlapping entities.

Post by Dominik »

When I try to load it now, it crashes on belts. So I won't get to looking at the fluid setup until somebody fixes the belts. Which is uncertain, working with these huge saves is difficult.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.17.4][Mod] Crash on load - probably migration of overlapping entities.

Post by Rseding91 »

Here's your fixed save (migrated to 0.17.15): there where 3 invalid bits set in the data: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe1ta50oyrf0d ... d.zip?dl=0

Code: Select all

10.623 Info Chunk.cpp:459: Fixed express-transport-belt at {-3329.5000000000, -2615.5000000000} was marked as to-be-upgraded.
10.623 Info Chunk.cpp:466: Fixed express-transport-belt at {-3329.5000000000, -2615.5000000000} was marked as owned-by-ghost.
13.210 Info Chunk.cpp:466: Fixed pipe-to-ground at {204.5000000000, 241.5000000000} was marked as owned-by-ghost.
I have no idea how those 3 bits got set but they where set and they shouldn't have been. Other than that, everything seems to be working fine with the save.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

Thank you for not forgetting about me and my saved game.
at {-3329.5000000000, -2615.5000000000} - this is how I understand the coordinates of the cell on the map that a failure occurred?
The belt was marked for update or deletion, but actually looked like a normal one and therefore the migration “stumbled” on these entities?))
Last edited by azesmbog on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Hi, please, try to split it. If it is a different issue, make a new thread. This one is already in resolved.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”