[Klonan] Supply Challenge needs to be reworked for 0.17

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
jmamos1984
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Klonan] Supply Challenge needs to be reworked for 0.17

Post by jmamos1984 »

For 0.16, the supply challenge requests made sense. First, you're asked to make EMDs, then science pack 3. Then, you're asked to make turrets, then military science pack.

For 0.17, it no longer makes sense, now that EMDs and turrets are no longer part of the science pack recipes. Maybe use solid fuel and wall requests instead. That would make the supply challenge a lot easier in than in 0.16, which I suppose would be a reasonable design decision.

---

A completely different critique is that I find the request for 10 fast belts to be, above and beyond, the hardest part of the supply challenge. One level asks for 10 green science, then the next one requires a tech needing 200 green science. The fast belts already stood out as oddly difficult, but now, beaker recipes make the easy part easier.

I'd even argue that it's teaching a bad strategy; fast belts are unimportant, speed-runners rarely or never get them. If there must be a runaway hard part, surely it should be a fundamental, like making enough green circuits or steel or setting up oil in time.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Klonan] Supply Challenge needs to be reworked for 0.17

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

Its fixed in the next release

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”