[0.17.3] Kills graph GUI hovertext is incorrect

Bugs that are actually features.
warped_jack
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.3] Kills graph GUI hovertext is incorrect

Post by warped_jack »

The hovertext on the kill graph does not reflect the actual kills/losses that have occurred. Also, changing the timescale of the graph (eg 5s \ 1m \ 10m ... etc) changes the value of the hovertext. Screens attached:
Clear cut example: I've lost 2 radar in the last hour. The peak in the hovertext reads that 5 were lost at minute 14.
Clear cut example: I've lost 2 radar in the last hour. The peak in the hovertext reads that 5 were lost at minute 14.
2_radar_losses_hovertext_says_5.jpg (420.06 KiB) Viewed 901 times
In this screenshot I have killed 4 biters in the last 10 minutes. My hovertext on this peak says 30 were killed 2.6 minutes ago.
In this screenshot I have killed 4 biters in the last 10 minutes. My hovertext on this peak says 30 were killed 2.6 minutes ago.
4_biters_killed_in_10m_hovertext_says_30_at_2.6m.jpg (417.58 KiB) Viewed 901 times
This screenshot shows the same timeframe but in the 1h bracket. Now it reads 10 biters.<br /><br />Also the previous peak around the 9-10minute mark is halved when switching between 10m and 1h timeframes
This screenshot shows the same timeframe but in the 1h bracket. Now it reads 10 biters.

Also the previous peak around the 9-10minute mark is halved when switching between 10m and 1h timeframes
same_peak_but_in_1h_timeframe_says_10_biters_and_graph_rescaled.jpg (424.42 KiB) Viewed 901 times

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.3] Kills graph GUI hovertext is incorrect

Post by Twinsen »

The graph actually shows the rate of killing per minute, hence why you see more than the actual amount killed.
The rate per minute is averaged for the selected datapoint's timeframe, that's why the rate changes when you change the time scale.

I'll make sure to make the tooltips more clear.

I realize this might not seem particularly useful, but it makes more sense when you think of item production.

warped_jack
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.3] Kills graph GUI hovertext is incorrect

Post by warped_jack »

Thought this might be the case, no problem. I think a "/s" on the tooltip would be sufficient. Or maybe label the axes with "rate / "s and "time / s" or something similar. Thanks for the response!

Return to “Not a bug”