Factorio Leader Board

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
Veloca_Raptor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio Leader Board

Post by Veloca_Raptor »

Hello,
I am starting a Factorio Leader Board to give mega bases some more meaning! If you would like to participate in this, please feel free to send me screenshots of your blue and red circuit production per hour. Limit One Submission Per Day! If enough people are interested I will start working on a web page!
Contact through:
Discord: Veloca Raptor#9937
Or
Veloca.Raptor01@gmail.com

Currently Leader Board Displayed At:
https://velocaraptor01.wixsite.com/factorioleaderboard

Néomorphos
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Factorio Leader Board

Post by Néomorphos »

Good idea, however i think the stats you choose to differentiate bases are not the good ones: people more often speak in terms of science per minute (SPM)

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

Late game megabases are generally not limited by the production rate (due to the infinite map), but instead by the UPS (updates per second). I'd much rather play a 2k spm megabase with decent framerate than a 10k spm megabase with <20 UPS.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Another thing worth considering is the fact that making high SPM is the easy part that just takes time. The hard part is making it UPS efficient so it gives high production in real time. And that is dependent on the measuring computer.
And how do you deal with modded games or buffered ingredients? You would have to run the maps yourself to verify that it runs without mods at the stats and ups adjusted performance to get fair and comparable numbers. Also is it ok to build the base in creative mode/editor if it runs without mods? And you cant really detect if that happened anyways. Is it ok to spawn in ore? Thats acceptable to some, but its cheating if compared on the same leaderboard category as those who dont. But ore patches and similar are changes that also stay after the mod/command/editor has stopped being used.

eBiOeR
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by eBiOeR »

What is it that you intend?
What connection with the Factorio SRL you already own?

What is the position of the bank Factorio?

How long have you played Factorio?
How many players have bought Factorio?

Is it your investment place?

Do you think the forum is the right place to chat about commercial didactics?

Return to “Spread the Word”