[0.17.0] new game: new items are not appearing on toolbar

Bugs that are actually features.
Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.0] new game: new items are not appearing on toolbar

Post by Dixi »

New items were always automatically added to free toolbar slots (in 0.16 and less).

Now they are not appearing there. If there is an option it should be turned on by default. If there is no option, then they must appear on toolbar.
I think all new players and majority of all players are using toolbar only (not inventory) at earlier stages of game.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.0] new game: new items are not appearing on toolbar

Post by Philip017 »

well the tool bar is no longer a inventory slot, if you have read any of the recent FFFs then you would know it is now only a shortcut bar. i think it works better this way.

Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dixi »

Yes I know it's not an inventory.

But items links should still appear there when items are created or taken, if there are any free positions.
Because very often in the game (almost always before we start to use construction bots) we create something, or take something, and use it soon after that.
If that new item is not automatically attached to a toolbar someway, then the game force user to do extra action - open inventory, and close it. And that will happen very often. Opening/closing inventory for every building action is very annoying. Since items are different making toolbar links for them will be also boring and pointless.

I've made a post in suggestions viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65400, since this considered "not a bug".

Alivo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alivo »

I agree with this. Unless there is some hidden option to make it so. It is sort of an extra step when you need to go to inventory and bring the newly made item to quickslot or search for it in filters. It would be nice to have an option to allow new things to appear in the quickslot or quickbar..

Alivo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alivo »

Another thing is that you are forced to place whatever you pickup back to the same place else you will have toolbar full of one item

Return to “Not a bug”