[0.17] Make changing the UI scale in the interface settings automatically choose "Custom" instead keeping the default.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Feedbackfor017
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17] Make changing the UI scale in the interface settings automatically choose "Custom" instead keeping the default.

Post by Feedbackfor017 »

TL;DR
By entering a custom amount in the UI scale settings, the settings should switch from Automatic (100%) to custom.

What ?
Entering a custom percentage for the UI scale in the interface settings should automatically enable this chosen custom amount, instead of needing to click one extra time.

How it works currently:

1. Default
DefaultUI.png
DefaultUI.png (10.85 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
2. Enter custom amount
Change1.png
Change1.png (10.68 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
3. Enable custom scaling
Change2.png
Change2.png (10.87 KiB) Viewed 1257 times

How it would work:

1. Default
DefaultUI.png
DefaultUI.png (10.85 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
2. Enter custom amount and custom scaling will be activated automatically
Change3.png
Change3.png (10.75 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
Why ?
When i entered a custom amount i was expecting the game to automatically change to the new scaling. Not changing it automatically made me think i had to restart the game to finish the changes. After restarting the game and still not seeing changes i saw that i had entered a custom amount, but the custom scaling still needed to be activated.
This will increase gameplay smoothness and QoL of the game.

twanvl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17] Make changing the UI scale in the interface settings automatically choose "Custom" instead keeping the defaul

Post by twanvl »

I'd like to second this. It took me a whole day to figure out while the slider wasn't doing anything.
Also, the setting was hard to see at the automatic 75% scaling.

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17] Make changing the UI scale in the interface settings automatically choose "Custom" instead keeping the defaul

Post by CDarklock »

twanvl wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:24 pm
I'd like to second this. It took me a whole day to figure out while the slider wasn't doing anything.
I'll +1 it, as well. Just seems like good design. I can't think of a good reason not to do this; every use case that justifies the current behaviour has a matching use case on the other side, except the one where people are confused about why the UI isn't doing what they asked. If you expect it to stay on Auto after you change the slider, you've just moved the slider, so it's not confusing that things just changed. But if you expect it to go to Custom, it can be very confusing why you said "do this" and the game did nothing. Principle of least surprise.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”