Select minimap of other surface

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Raelf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Select minimap of other surface

Post by Raelf »

Hello,

I'm trying to generate another surface to create another world with different resources. The creation itself is no problem and I can teleport myself there already with a start of a rocket.
What I would like to do is to be able to use the minimap of every surface. So that I can still use my blueprints without the need to travel there.
Is it possible to select the minimap of a specific surface even if you are not there at the moment?

Thank you for helping.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Select minimap of other surface

Post by mrvn »

I think you mean the fullscreen map, not the minimap.

Raelf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Raelf »

mrvn wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:15 pm
Yes, exactly. Is there any way to change the fullscreen map to a different surface? That would be so great :D

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Raelf wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:20 am
mrvn wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:15 pm
Yes, exactly. Is there any way to change the fullscreen map to a different surface? That would be so great :D
Not a solution but maybe it helps: I know you can move the player while leaving the character (the actual figure you see on the map) behind. The question is then if you can trap leaving map mode in lua to merge them again, to teleport the player back to where the character was left behind. It would also be helpful if you could turn on map mode so you could switch to another surface (into map mode) even when not already in map mode.

Raelf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Raelf »

That could be a good Idea, thank you. I will try to add a special button at the fullscreen map view and then teleport the player to the chosen surface. Just need to find out if I can reset that when the fullscreen map is closed. Didn't see any event like that, but I only took a short look.

Return to “Modding help”