There are a few problems with temperature:
- It is hard to know how much energy is in a given volume of hot fluid, without knowing some internal hidden values.
- Mixing of fluids of different temperatures can cause the same problems as mixing different fluids.
- The temperature filters are not shown or intuitive.
- There is not much support, usage or interactions for temperature in the game.
- We could make some reasonably large performance gains by removing the temperature.
What are your thoughts?
Do you do something super interesting that is only possible with temperature?
Would it be a huge loss if we removed temperature?
If it were to be removed, would you request some functionality in its place?
Do you have any differing suggestions for the fluid and temperature systems?