Is my oil field density normal?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
negatorx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Is my oil field density normal?

Post by negatorx »

map posting.PNG
map posting.PNG (131.66 KiB) Viewed 891 times
Settings are all vanilla, all default.

Is my map unlucky as far as oil field population? I've explored outside of the range shown here and the nests are incredibly dense.. groups of 15-20 nests very close together, worms, medium biters, etc. I found one about 2x further north than shown here on a suicide mission .. and well.. I'll restart before I push that hard (I think).

I'm generating a small amount of blue science from the 2 jacks on the right, but they're at 25% and plastic production is at a crawl at best. Is this a manageable map moving forward? I've invested a lot of time and would prefer not to proceed further without someone with experience telling me everything's gonna be okay! :lol:

My turrets have begun taking damage from spitters, and I can feel this getting out of control very, very soon.

Will nuclear power help? Will a slow trickle of blue science get me to a point where I can venture extremely far and setup a train?

Thanks!

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Is my oil field density normal?

Post by JimBarracus »

first thing would be to develop advanced oil processing and then research coal liquefication
semi handcraft that 200 purple science to boost your oil production
a temporary setup should do the job.

flame thrower turrets are really good at defending your base
they also need some oil but they are worth it.
they are at least easier to make with low tier tech on a larger scale than laser turrets.

Return to “Gameplay Help”