6 Red belt balancer

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

6 Red belt balancer

Post by Trebor »

Here is a different way to balance 6 red belts. Not sure how good it is, it just a "different" way to do it.
Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 2.04.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 2.04.25 AM.png (911.35 KiB) Viewed 11036 times

CJ5Boss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 6 Red belt balancer

Post by CJ5Boss »

Looks pretty good, however, there are two sides of a splitter on the input side of the belt that empty into nothing, maybe this could be improved to fix the throughput and not waste those few products.

fur_and_whiskers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by fur_and_whiskers »

This is an interesting idea, hadn't thought of it before.
You can put an output priority filter on splitter sides without a belt to avoid a few bits sitting unused.

Here it is with the priority filters and a comparison to a respected 6 to 6 balancer

Themme
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Themme »

Hmm... quite difficult I think to make 6 belts be ballanced perfectly, or at least make them balanced at variable inputs.
Those designs with different speeds of belts, does that work when this balancer recieves a random percentage of the input capacity?

I do think it should be possible with the fast belts, it just takes some time trying... Ill think about it :P

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

Random percentage of input:
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 7.04.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 7.04.23 PM.png (2.35 MiB) Viewed 10212 times

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

If I'm correct, this design only works if all input belts are fully loaded. It's because blue splitter with red/yellow outputs will split 2:1 only on full load, but 1:1 otherwise.
But I like the idea and I'm sure balancing could be done this way! Good luck! I will experiment with it too.

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”