faulty multiplayer

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
prez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

faulty multiplayer

Post by prez »

So ive disabled firewalls can't open my ports because i don't know how. googled it. can't log into my router settings any way at all. got my buddy to open his ports. no mods were being run -.- multiplayer doesn't connect. this is really disappointing because honestly i only bought this game for multiplayer, but its too god damn complex to even get that running on my own. I'm seriously considering just asking for a refund or something because this is ridiculous...
inb4 people start crying about "it's an alpha game"
make a more stable multiplayer thats easier to access before just getting people hyped up about a game they will not even be able to properly play..

PalllaX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: faulty multiplayer

Post by PalllaX »

Then you don't know what a indie game nor what an alpha is meant to be. Alpha versions don't have a button like "everything runs perfect, 60 fps, 64 people Multiplayer, lobby, Voice over game and stuff". In fact an alpha means you are a part of the devs. You help them to develop the game in reporting bugs, making suggestions and so on.
You can just try to ask people here to solve your problem with ease.

If you haven't the patience and effort to give instead of taking then go and play some EA games...

tecxx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tecxx »

@prez that is really out of line here. the multiplayer release clearly mentions beeing experimental. and LAN only.

and on top of that, if you are unable to "logon to your router settings" then maybe you shouldn't be fiddling with development releases at all.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

prez wrote:...
But it is!

And to say that, for the first release of the MP it works more smoothly then some other games I bought for much more money (the last I recall was D3 on releaseday :D, but there it was other issues).

I think all you want will be in there, when this game get official released. So my hint to you, do not play early access games.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Post your router model and I'll help you forward your ports, seems to help even if you are the client.

prez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by prez »

PalllaX wrote:Then you don't know what a indie game nor what an alpha is meant to be. Alpha versions don't have a button like "everything runs perfect, 60 fps, 64 people Multiplayer, lobby, Voice over game and stuff". In fact an alpha means you are a part of the devs. You help them to develop the game in reporting bugs, making suggestions and so on.
You can just try to ask people here to solve your problem with ease.

If you haven't the patience and effort to give instead of taking then go and play some EA games...
tecxx wrote:@prez that is really out of line here. the multiplayer release clearly mentions beeing experimental. and LAN only.

and on top of that, if you are unable to "logon to your router settings" then maybe you shouldn't be fiddling with development releases at all.
Fuck both of you. straight up. A start would be "the devs" putting a tutorial on forums on how to even play their multiplayer running properly in the first place. That's just me, i haven't found jack shit on forums about getting it too work. I had to go ask another streamer on how to get it working. Which was extremely unhelpful.

prez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by prez »

JamesOFarrell wrote:Post your router model and I'll help you forward your ports, seems to help even if you are the client.
thanks, but no thanks. I'm to the point of no return. I probably am not going to pick this game back up for a while.
Last edited by prez on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

prez wrote:Fuck both of you. straight up. A start would be "the devs" putting a tutorial on forums on how to even play their multiplayer running properly in the first place. That's just me, i haven't found jack shit on forums about getting it too work. I had to go ask another streamer on how to get it working. Which was extremely unhelpful.
Great attitude to get people to try and help you (which someone has in fact already offered, despite the way out of line tone of your opening post). I completely agree with the remarks made above, this IS an alpha version and everywhere you look on the main site it clearly states so. I guess I have but one more thing to say to you: piss off and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

prez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by prez »

Boogieman14 wrote:Great attitude to get people to try and help you (which someone has in fact already offered, despite the way out of line tone of your opening post). I completely agree with the remarks made above, this IS an alpha version and everywhere you look on the main site it clearly states so. I guess I have but one more thing to say to you: piss off and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I was pretty calm in my first post, actually i didn't get mad until those two idiots respond with unvalid responses. The one who actually wanted to help, i told him thanks, but no thanks. This just isn't worth my time.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

prez wrote:
Boogieman14 wrote:Great attitude to get people to try and help you (which someone has in fact already offered, despite the way out of line tone of your opening post). I completely agree with the remarks made above, this IS an alpha version and everywhere you look on the main site it clearly states so. I guess I have but one more thing to say to you: piss off and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I was pretty calm in my first post, actually i didn't get mad until those two idiots respond with unvalid responses. The one who actually wanted to help, i told him thanks, but no thanks. This just isn't worth my time.
You consider
I'm seriously considering just asking for a refund or something because this is ridiculous...
make a more stable multiplayer thats easier to access before just getting people hyped up about a game they will not even be able to properly play..
Pretty calm? I call that entitled and arrogant. Even wnithout reading the next few posts, my gut reaction to your post was a complete lack of any desire to try and help you out.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

prez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by prez »

Boogieman14 wrote:Pretty calm? I call that entitled and arrogant. Even wnithout reading the next few posts, my gut reaction to your post was a complete lack of any desire to try and help you out.
entitled and arrogant hahaha hardly. I just wanted to play multiplayer, and when there is nothing on forums about it, yea frustration inssues. Why don't you go fuck yourself

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ok, prez, last warning from the moderator: One more and I'll ban you... :)

No reason to use bad words if you use a software for something, which it isn't intended for.

Edit: It tried to set up a page in the wiki: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... 2FInternet

But I cannot read all the new stuff belonging to this AND write wiki pages over it. I would really appreciate, if some of those, which have more time playing the game would help with this job.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

battlefish
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by battlefish »

Can we guys please keep this forum clean and focused on providing technical support? Thanks...

PalllaX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PalllaX »

Yes! Don't feed the troll! :roll:

knightrath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by knightrath »

Port forwarding my router was insanely simply and took less than 1 min to do. Seeing how many steam games that I play require it (and we are talking full release) I generally expect it for all but AAA titles. I don't normally reply to posts like this, but if you don't have a clue on how to port forward - even after all the youtube guides, router guides and sometimes ISP support (hah!)...then yeah, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Return to “Technical Help”