How to add radar scan to projectile?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Kingdud
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

How to add radar scan to projectile?

Post by Kingdud »

I found the AtomicArtillery mod and it's most of what I want, except one thing: when it nukes a base, it doesn't refresh the map like the normal artillery shells do. How do I tweak the mod so it maintains this behavior? To be clear, the round *does* reveal map chunks as it flies, but what I'm talking about is after the shell explodes, with a normal artillery shell, the dead biter bases dissapear from the map image immediately. With the nuclear rounds, they do not. I've looked through data.raw and tried searching the forums, but I can't find the right terms to search for what widget controls this property.

Kingdud
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: How to add radar scan to projectile?

Post by Kingdud »

Solution:
1. The damage you do with the shell needs to be the first thing listed in the action_delivery/target_effects combo.
2. The damage done needs to kill everything you want to make vanish from the radar image outright. Want absolutely everything dead? Do enough to ensure you do 3000 (post-resist) damage to all the behemoth biters!
3. Profit.

The side effect of doing this is that you don't get the outward propogating 'wave of death' that you get with a normal atomic bomb, but the upshot is that your radar image reflect reality, which isn't a problem with a normal atomic bomb, but is super helpful to have with artillery shells!

Return to “Modding help”