my first automated lab!

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

xjshuax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

my first automated lab!

Post by xjshuax »

my first attempt at fueling my lab. its only a single. ill get it cleaner and more efficient, but i did it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/4rUkpJZ

only been playing for a few days, looking for examples of the more efficient bases.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: my first automated lab!

Post by -root »

Well done! That first step is a big one as it teaches you the basics for the rest of the game.

Have a look on youtube, there are tons of let's play where people physically play their factory and build it before your eyes.

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

Suggestion is to press the 'Alt' key prior to taking screen shot to show detailed information so that we can see what each Assembler does.

Here's a compact setup I do for Science 1/2:

The best part about Factorio is that there are many ways to do things.
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

the wiki is a good point to look for thinks and links https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... =Main_Page

Mettalink
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mettalink »

@sbroadbent I noticed you were using smart inserters to put gears and copper plate into an assembly machine. It turns out that you can put a fast inserter and it will grab whichever it needs. I did the exact same thing :P

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

Mettalink wrote:@sbroadbent I noticed you were using smart inserters to put gears and copper plate into an assembly machine. It turns out that you can put a fast inserter and it will grab whichever it needs. I did the exact same thing :P
The Smart Inserters are there to control Production, so that I'm not overproducing and therefore wasting resources. The Smart Inserters for the Red (and Green) Science are I believe set to input if there are less than 100 Red (or Green) Science Packs in the Logistics network.

Most people put the Smart Inserters on the output of an Assembly Machine, while I prefer the input where possible.

On one factory, a mis-configured Smart Inserter produced over 4000 more Blue Science packs than I wanted produced at any one time before I discovered the error. At that point, I completely removed the Blue Science and while I didn't get around to finishing all research, I still had over a 1000 sitting in the Logistics Network before I moved onto other factories.

On a separate note, due to their production speed, Science producing Assemblers don't need anything more than a Basic Inserter.
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Return to “Show your Creations”