Looking for someone to help make 2 ores

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
aeropar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Looking for someone to help make 2 ores

Post by aeropar »

Using the Ironore.png from the base game files, I would like someone to help me make alabaster and tin colored variant for me to use in my mod, as i am having trouble changing their color in my current editor. <3
Attachments
iron-ore.png
iron-ore.png (448.55 KiB) Viewed 1049 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Looking for someone to help make 2 ores

Post by bobingabout »

It turns out the most advanced graphics editing software I currently have installed on this computer (at work) is MS Paint... I'm not even going to attempt to do that on here.

But making in should be fairly easy, just grey scale it then lighten it, though you might want to tweak the contrast to get a nice dull grey look, vs a highly contrasting silver look.

I don't know what alabaster is supposed to look like, but since I can't edit files right now, I'm not going to look it up.

Alternatively, look at how bobores (with boblibrary) does it, there's a few greyscaled sheets in there, and you can change the colour with tinting.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Paint dot net has nice tools for recoloring with curves, addons for all another situations.
Normally you are need to make grayscale and use tint in prototype. Not sure about ores.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

darkfrei wrote:Normally you are need to make grayscale and use tint in prototype. Not sure about ores.
It works for ores, I prefer colour shifts personally, they do look better, but flay grey recolours work too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Modding help”