0.15.40 crashes on startup

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
queentrin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

0.15.40 crashes on startup

Post by queentrin »

Hey there,

Last night i closed down my computer as normal from playing Factorio without issue. Today I tried to open it and after pulling up the main title screen and loading bar, it would get stuck on some sort of mod, and uninterruptedly crash. I fished around in my folders and deleted all the mods, and tried to load her up again, but this time it crashes at "building sprite atlas" without fail, every time.

Since that point, I've completely deleted every single file from factorio off my computer, restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled, verified game integrity, and opted into other betas to try and get anything to go beyond "building sprite atlas".

All i get after it gets to this point (31%) is "factorio has stopped working: a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available."

I've run completely out of options other than reformatting my computer, so i'm hoping someone can chime in.

Thanks so much,

Kelly

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 0.15.40 crashes on startup

Post by posila »

Hi, try to reinstall Razer Synapse

Return to “Technical Help”