Small life improvements

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

xOceanSpirit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Small life improvements

Post by xOceanSpirit »

Hi there :) I love this game, I've been hooked on it for the last week! As I learn more and more about the game, I've found setting up and running trains to be quite fun, but there's stuff I'd love to see to make it even better!

One Way TracksL
Yup, surely I can't be the only one who thought of this, although I did do a quick search and nothing popped up.

I'm trying to get trains to follow a one way system, to keep traffic flowing, but they keep coming back on themselves, I guess they choose the shortest route? One way tracks should tell the train "Hey, you can't go this way!".
Recipe can be train track (x10) + rail signal (x1) = 10 One Way track
This track will have mini arrows on it, like the belts

Priority System:
Another thing to help out one way systems, currently lights do this yes...but this will make it much easier.
Using a new tool called (Rail Diagnostics system) You can click on parts of the track and setup a priority system, where tracks will either have priority or give way. Good combined with one way tracks so you can have total control over your trains.

Electric Trains:
No pollution, Acceleration after 100km/h is faster than the steam locomotive but the acceleration from 0-100 is the same

Batteries:
Batteries currently only have one use...crafting, but what if they could transfer power?
Add a new machine called "Charging Station" (Also where electric trains would get charged), put the batteries in and they turn into 'Charged Batteries'.
Of course, machines and inserters would require a new slot that would allow batteries to be inserted into the UI, but they'd give that machine a shot of about 20kw power...not enough to live off, but that might be the inserter thats delivering coal into a boiler, or fuel cells into a reactor.

2 way belts:
So many times where I have designed an assembly area of about...20 assemblers and theres one thing I wish I could do. Have 2 items on 1 belt travel in the opposite direction, so for red circuits...plastic could come from the left or top, and green circuits could come from the right or bottom. It would allow massive compacting of larger systems.
Recipe would be...interesting, perhaps the belt you wish to use and a new motor item? Motor can be 1 iron + 1 gear + lube, only craftable in an assembler

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Small life improvements

Post by Jap2.0 »

Put signals on one side of a track and it becomes one-way. Priority can be accomplished by enabling/disabling stations and signals via circuit network.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

xOceanSpirit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xOceanSpirit »

Yes, I know adding signals to a track makes it one-way, but still the train will attempt to go down that track, even though it can't. Thats where the track would tell the train to skip that track, even if the light is green

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

xOceanSpirit wrote:Yes, I know adding signals to a track makes it one-way, but still the train will attempt to go down that track, even though it can't.

What do you mean by that?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

xOceanSpirit wrote:Yes, I know adding signals to a track makes it one-way, but still the train will attempt to go down that track, even though it can't. Thats where the track would tell the train to skip that track, even if the light is green
It won't if you signal it right. Post a save/pics and someone here'll look at it.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”