[Dominik] [16.22] Some items in production statistics not filterable

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Dominik] [16.22] Some items in production statistics not filterable

Post by kitcat »

In the production statistics, when a column contains exactly 28 items (or twice as many as can be shown) and the list is scrolled all the way up, none of the items in that column can be filtered with left or right click.
  • If the column contains more or less than 28 items, all items can be filtered.
    • If the left column contains 28 items and the right one 27, the left one cannot be filtered but the right one can.
    • If both columns contain 28 items, neither can be filtered.
  • If the list is not all the way up, all items can be filtered. Pulling the scrollbar down by one pixel is enough.
  • On my screen, 14 items are shown above each other at the same time without scrolling. This may or may not be relevant.
  • The problem appears across different savegames.
  • No mods.
Attachments
prodstat.png
prodstat.png (301.98 KiB) Viewed 4504 times
factorio-current.log
(3.43 KiB) Downloaded 159 times

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik] [16.22] Some items in production statistics not filterable

Post by Dominik »

Oh well, that is a very specific setup.
Can you please provide your save?
I tried it with the same resolution as you have (default UI scale), I then also have 14 visible rows, and all works fine.

kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitcat »

Also happens with some 29-item columns now. The rest of the conditions stayed the same.

Currently affected:
Items → 10h → Production → right column (29 items)
Buildings → 50h → Deconstructed → both columns (29/28 items)

Edit: I wonder if 56466 is related.
Last edited by kitcat on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitcat »

I’m now pretty sure that 56466 is related. I can reproduce this at different window sizes. The smallest game height to reproduce this issue is exactly 575px, excluding window decorations. See attached screenshot. Note the lack of a tooltip for the copper cable because the scrollable list doesn’t react to the mouse at all. At 575px height, one row in the list is exactly as high one entry. All four columns on screen are unclickable.

The issue happens again at a game height of 623px, showing exactly two rows. At the moment, three of the four columns are unclickable, the leftmost one works.
Happens again at 670px, showing exactly 3 rows. This time, the leftmost column is unclickable, the other three work.

Probably happens at other heights, showing exactly a certain amount of rows. I’m too lazy to find them all. I hope this is enough.

When you couldn’t reproduce the issue earlier, you were probably running windowed and the size of your window decorations was different from mine, resulting in a different actual game height that didn’t exhibit the issue.
Attachments
stats-x1.jpg
stats-x1.jpg (175 KiB) Viewed 4365 times

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

I agree that this would be related.
What specs are you guys running? I have seen that Win10 and Mac 10.12. Anything else?

I just tried this pixel magic on my windows 10 and still no problem there :-/

kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitcat »

Dominik wrote:What specs are you guys running? I have seen that Win10 and Mac 10.12. Anything else?
I run Linux (Debian 9.3 Stretch/Stable), completing the OS trinity.

Update: I also managed to reproduce the issue on an outdated Ubuntu 11.04 that required some serious library magic to get the game to run. :geek:
Dominik wrote:I just tried this pixel magic on my windows 10 and still no problem there :-/
Have you set the Item production stats to 10h? I recommend then reducing the window height until it shows only one cut-off row of items, then increasing the window height pixel by pixel and checking the item tooltips each time to find the magic size where the issue occurs.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Ok, this was a big one.
I was finally able to reproduce it, earlier I was not accurate enough with the pixel numbers.
The bug is so elusive because algorithm for finding element under mouse has two versions for tables. Basic one for small tables and optimized for tables with 50+ elements in it and this one was wrong. This is why it only appeared for 10h interval and not for lower ones.
Wasn't simple, but it is fixed now :) Thanks everyone for your help.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”