[0.10.9] large blueprint preview doesn't fit in tooltip

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.10.9] large blueprint preview doesn't fit in tooltip

Post by pyrolytic_tungsten »

I noticed that the previews for large blueprints don't always fit properly in the blueprint's tooltip. This is a minor graphical issue that doesn't affect gameplay. It looks like the tooltip is just big enough but the blueprint preview is shifted to the left and or up from where one would expect it. Small blueprints don't have any problems. I do have a blueprint that is roughly 105x4 (roboports and big power poles) where the preview is in the window so the blueprint may need to be large in both dimensions.

In this image you can see the blueprint preview going over the left edge of the tooltip:Image

In this image you have to look close but the preview goes over the top left corner of the tooltip: Image

I run the x64 Linux version of Factorio. Although I have a number of mods installed in that game I doubt that they are causing this problem. I didn't include a save since mine is ~46 MB (nearly all in level.dat). If you have difficulty reproducing the bug I can try and upload the save someplace.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Make a blueprint large in both dimensions such as an entire endgame base.
2. Look at the blueprint tooltip and see the preview going over the left and or top edge.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.10.9] large blueprint preview doesn't fit in tooltip

Post by ludsoe »

why would one need a blueprint this big? I mean thats just wow.

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

The solar panel blueprint is one I have used to lay down a few thousand solar panels. It tiles horizontally and fits between rows of roboports placed such that their construction areas touch in the middle but don't overlap. Naturally I used a couple smaller blueprints to make the big solar blueprint. The blueprint of my base was just for testing purposes. It would be nearly impossible to place anyplace other than directly over the base due to water pump siting.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thx for the report, it is fixed for 0.10.11 now (I believe give a save if you want to be sure ^^)

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Looks fixed to me.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Great to hear :) It was stupid computation error.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”