Assembly machine blueprints selects correct item

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

VikingGawd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Assembly machine blueprints selects correct item

Post by VikingGawd »

I am just really getting into this game and I just found out about blue prints which are amazing. I am really looking forward to getting bots.

But since I do not have bots one thing that is annoying and I think can be solved easily. If I drop a blueprint that has an assembly machine in it with a selected item. When I manually drop an assembly machine it goes in blank. Would be great when I put in the machine that it automatically takes the item that was on the ghost. Option 2 would be to re lay down the blueprint and it will change the machines to be the correct item.

I think with bots from videos it works fine but early game manually it really adds time which could be sped up even more.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Assembly machine blueprints selects correct item

Post by Bilka »

This is implemented in 0.16.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

VikingGawd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by VikingGawd »

I tried last night and it didnt seem to work correctly.

Am i doing it wrong?

make new blueprint, lay it down somewhere, add assembly machine. The assembly machine is blank and I have to set it.
I then go and try and overlay the blueprint before setting it again but still does not pick up the changes.

This is vanilla and i have never tried mods yet. I use steam so i think i am on 0.16

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

RugbyHunter wrote:I tried last night and it didnt seem to work correctly.

Am i doing it wrong?

make new blueprint, lay it down somewhere, add assembly machine. The assembly machine is blank and I have to set it.
I then go and try and overlay the blueprint before setting it again but still does not pick up the changes.

This is vanilla and i have never tried mods yet. I use steam so i think i am on 0.16
Does Steam say "Factorio [0.16.x]" on your list of games? 0.16 isn't technically stable yet, so you have to manually enable it. Right click on Factorio in your list --> properties --> betas --> 0.16.x (or 0.16.20 if you don't want it to update automatically).
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

VikingGawd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by VikingGawd »

Just following up and saying thank you.

Yes I didn't realize it was a beta out. Loving .16

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”