Titanium

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Titanium

Post by LittleMikey »

Hi guys,

I've never played a modded Factorio game before but thanks to Quill18 I'm giving it a try, despite how overwhelming everything is. However I'm up to the stage where l need titanium, but I can't for the life of me work out where you get titanium ore from. Can anybody tell me what the production steps for titanium are? Thanks.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Titanium

Post by bobingabout »

Titanium ore?

Make sure you have bob's ore's installed... then go find it.
it doesn't appear in the starting area, so you'll have to travel a short distance before it even can start showing up, then after that it's just a case of looking until you find it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

bobingabout wrote:Titanium ore?

it doesn't appear in the starting area, so you'll have to travel a short distance before it even can start showing up, then after that it's just a case of looking until you find it.
Aah I see, thanks! I was super confused because I couldn't find it in the wild or find a recipe to make it. I'll go hunting for some now!

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

bobingabout wrote:Titanium ore?

So I just loaded the map editor and I can't see Titanium Ore available to spawn. Does that mean I've installed something wrong? I've been exploring my map and still can't find any.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1212210159

Zool
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zool »

Looks like you got angels installed (which really is awesome aswell). There you need to refine the raw ores in multiple processes for the advanced ones.

For a good overview can be found here:
https://m.imgur.com/a/pRYew

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

Zool wrote:Looks like you got angels installed (which really is awesome aswell). There you need to refine the raw ores in multiple processes for the advanced ones.

For a good overview can be found here:
https://m.imgur.com/a/pRYew
Aah I see! Thanks for that!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, Angels trips me up constantly. It changes so many things about my mods, that if you have it installed, you pretty much need to ask him questions not me(I would learn what some of these changes are, but I barely get enough time to work on my own mods without looking into what other people are doing). So when people start asking questions without declaring the presence of Angels mods installed, my answers might not be valid.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

bobingabout wrote:Yeah, Angels trips me up constantly. It changes so many things about my mods, that if you have it installed, you pretty much need to ask him questions not me(I would learn what some of these changes are, but I barely get enough time to work on my own mods without looking into what other people are doing). So when people start asking questions without declaring the presence of Angels mods installed, my answers might not be valid.
Yeah I'm sorry, I didn't realise that Angel's changed that! This is my first time using either mod so I'm still learning what does what. Sorry to waste your time!

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

This is my first time using either mod so I'm still learning what does what. Sorry to waste your time!
I highly recommend installing the mod Factorio NEI. It shows recipes and things, so you can easily find out what recipes are different from expected in the mod set you're using. It's very helpful, especially with large sets of mods like Bob's and Angel's mods.

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

eloquentJane wrote:
This is my first time using either mod so I'm still learning what does what. Sorry to waste your time!
I highly recommend installing the mod Factorio NEI. It shows recipes and things, so you can easily find out what recipes are different from expected in the mod set you're using. It's very helpful, especially with large sets of mods like Bob's and Angel's mods.
I do have NEI installed, but when the recipes ask for things like Titanium Ore I just assumed it is something I dig out of the ground like all the other ores, so I was a bit confused.

Return to “Bob's mods”