More endings!

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jamaica_MURR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

More endings!

Post by Jamaica_MURR »

TL;DR
We have only one way to complete the game now - launch the satellite. Too easy. Vanilla must have hard endings for megamaniacs too!

What ?
1) Time to call home | launch the satellite
2) Planetary sterilisation | launch one space rocket with 10 atomic bombs on a board every 5 min for 10 hours to exterminate all aliens (aborigens) on the planet. (Yes, you must have real MASS production)
3) Time to virus | complete the virus research uses 6 types of research packs except white. Virus research costs increases per 5 science packs of each type for every one minute of the game you play. (Yes, you must research very fast, faster than aliens adaptates)
Why ?
Because Factorio is a challange.

SlondoTK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: More endings!

Post by SlondoTK »

Jamaica_MURR wrote:
TL;DR
2) Planetary sterilisation | launch one space rocket with 10 atomic bombs on a board every 5 min for 10 hours to exterminate all aliens (aborigens) on the planet. (Yes, you must have real MASS production)

good .. That would be a challenge or a final, call what you want .. really impossible, first that to manufacture an atomic bomb, costs much more expensive too, which takes time to blunder, suppose the person has the average manufacturing of 1 atomic bomb every 25 minutes, which is already very fast, yet the whole process of launching 1 rocket every 5 minutes carrying 10 atomic bombs for 10 consecutive hours is technically impossible, that is by resources, or by simply not having anything in return, people will not have the motivation to make this end if you do not have some really good reward.
Jamaica_MURR wrote: 3) Time to virus | complete the virus research uses 6 types of research packs except white. Virus research costs increases per 5 science packs of each type for every one minute of the game you play. (Yes, you must research very fast, faster than aliens adaptates)
This really I thought was sensational, this virus idea is very good, you could use them against the aliens, you can even think of a virus that turns the aliens into zombies, and makes them really attack others of their kind, we could until the thought of some alien is coming towards its base, then a kind of tower rises from the ground, and throws a curtain of smoke towards the alien, this smoke would have virus and infect the alien, causing it to fall, in case it is the zombie virus, after about 5 minutes the alien would wake up, but it would have a greyish texture, and obviously would become aggressive to aliens of the same species, it's a lot of cool that I can think of with your suggestion, would be cool to see this in the game 8-)

Jamaica_MURR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jamaica_MURR »

SlondoTK wrote:
Jamaica_MURR wrote: 2) Planetary sterilisation | launch one space rocket with 10 atomic bombs on a board every 5 min for 10 hours to exterminate all aliens (aborigens) on the planet. (Yes, you must have real MASS production)

good .. That would be a challenge or a final, call what you want .. really impossible, first that to manufacture an atomic bomb, costs much more expensive too, which takes time to blunder, suppose the person has the average manufacturing of 1 atomic bomb every 25 minutes, which is already very fast, yet the whole process of launching 1 rocket every 5 minutes carrying 10 atomic bombs for 10 consecutive hours is technically impossible, that is by resources, or by simply not having anything in return, people will not have the motivation to make this end if you do not have some really good reward.
It's possible to build factory with production 12 space rockets/hour, not easy, not fast, but possible. It's not a fiction to have production 120 atomic bombs/hour. I am not say "easy alternative end of the game", I say "alternative hardcore ending for megamaniacs with megafactories".
SlondoTK wrote:
Jamaica_MURR wrote: 3) Time to virus | complete the virus research uses 6 types of research packs except white. Virus research costs increases per 5 science packs of each type for every one minute of the game you play. (Yes, you must research very fast, faster than aliens adaptates)
This really I thought was sensational, this virus idea is very good, you could use them against the aliens, you can even think of a virus that turns the aliens into zombies, and makes them really attack others of their kind, we could until the thought of some alien is coming towards its base, then a kind of tower rises from the ground, and throws a curtain of smoke towards the alien, this smoke would have virus and infect the alien, causing it to fall, in case it is the zombie virus, after about 5 minutes the alien would wake up, but it would have a greyish texture, and obviously would become aggressive to aliens of the same species, it's a lot of cool that I can think of with your suggestion, would be cool to see this in the game 8-)
Virus is just name for unique research that ends the game. It's simply eleminates all enemies. But it is very hard to do this research because it's costs increases per 5 every minute you play. At start it costs 60 sec x 5 of every science pack except white, after 10 minutes of the game it costs 60 sec x 50 of every sc-pack except white, after 10 hours it costs 60 sec x 3000 of every sc-pack except white e. t. c. You must have many labs and many sc-packs to do this research faster then it increases it's cost. "Time to virus" is just "golden cup" alternative ending for factorio speedrunners.

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

4. Leave no trace. Exit the planet on a rocket, leaving behind no remnants of your time there.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

In sandbox oriented games, there is always the problem of the end, that's never a true end, because you can keep on playing after, and you end up just playing to keep playing.
And even if the devs find somehow a way to multiply by 10 the playtime needed to achieve this end, once it's done, you're post-end game, and you'll always have the need to find something that pushes you even beyond.
The infinite research is a okayish solution I think. I'l like to see many many of them, so that you have to make choices. and why not make it that launching the rocket unlocks the evolution "cap" : the more time passes after you launch the rocket, the more biters would become aggressive. It would keep busy a lot.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Jamaica_MURR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jamaica_MURR »

Koub wrote:In sandbox oriented games, there is always the problem of the end, that's never a true end, because you can keep on playing after, and you end up just playing to keep playing.
And even if the devs find somehow a way to multiply by 10 the playtime needed to achieve this end, once it's done, you're post-end game, and you'll always have the need to find something that pushes you even beyond.
The infinite research is a okayish solution I think. I'l like to see many many of them, so that you have to make choices. and why not make it that launching the rocket unlocks the evolution "cap" : the more time passes after you launch the rocket, the more biters would become aggressive. It would keep busy a lot.
Interesting idea, really. There 2 types of game schemes can be realised:
1) survival -> end -> sandbox | If you will do "planetary sterilisation" or "time to virus" endings, you will have the map without enemies after.
2) survival - > end -> deathrun | If you will do "time to call home" ending and will press "continue playing", it unlocks infinite aliens evolution and increase their expansion rate a lot. Aliens will won anyway, but it is very important how long you will survive. Another variant: after launching the satellite and unlocking infinite evolution and expansion, player must survive some hours until evacuation ship arrive.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”