Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[15.23] Freeze on autosave on elementary OS

Post by GravelCZLP »

1. What did i do?
I was just playing on new world.
2. What happened?
The gave tried to autosave.
3. What did you expect to happen instead?
Game froze and did dńot recover, i had to SIGKILL the game in htop.
Note: this was not happening on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS with Unity Desktop (elementary OS 0.4.1 is based on Ubuntu)

it happens only sometimes in multiplayer, but on singleplayer it has always happend.

Multiplayer: In multipalyer, this had a different behavior, the game froze but after the server kick me the game unfroze and i was able to reconnect , only once it did not and even SIGKILL did not help, so i had to restart the PC, i lost the log file from that game.

Save-file: i tested with multiple games and experienced the same, i guess any new/old world will do. Or any player hosted server.
Log-File: https://pastebin.com/Htmd07Gw
desync-report: none
screenshots: none

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [15.23] Freeze on autosave on elementary OS

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I'm pretty sure you're running out of RAM. It's reporting you only have 2 GB and depending on your save file size you can easily exhaust that.

You'll need to get more RAM if you want to keep playing what ever save file you're using.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

GravelCZLP
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GravelCZLP »

Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report. I'm pretty sure you're running out of RAM. It's reporting you only have 2 GB and depending on your save file size you can easily exhaust that.

You'll need to get more RAM if you want to keep playing what ever save file you're using.
Why was't the same happening on Ubuntu (Unity desktop) with the same PC and RAM ?
EDIT: and the game sometimes still plays sound but doesnt render new frames.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

GravelCZLP wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report. I'm pretty sure you're running out of RAM. It's reporting you only have 2 GB and depending on your save file size you can easily exhaust that.

Why was't the same happening on Ubuntu (Unity desktop) with the same PC and RAM ?
Probably a different save file that didn't take as much RAM to run.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

GravelCZLP
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GravelCZLP »

Rseding91 wrote:
GravelCZLP wrote:

Probably a different save file that didn't take as much RAM to run.
ok, i am getting more ram anyway

Return to “Not a bug”