[0.15.15] [bug?] Massive swarms relentlessly attacking...

Bugs that are actually features.
Ripshaft
Inserter
Inserter

[0.15.15] [bug?] Massive swarms relentlessly attacking...

Post by Ripshaft »

This is a problem, but also kind of awesome, so not sure if it's a bug or not.

Post-hotfix, massive groups of biters and spitters have been assembling and rushing my walls in areas where they're in close proximity to pollution generators (so it doesn't appear to be everywhere)

I'm guessing this is due to change in spawners that came with the hotfix. I can't say I object to it, but they're breaking through my defenses and I cant keep up the defense lol as it wasn't built to withstand that level of attack at this point in my game

Anyhoo just letting you know in case it's a bug, if not, still cool lol

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15.15] [bug?] Massive swarms relentlessly attacking...

Post by orzelek »

It was an actual bug fix. They weren't attacking earlier properly :D

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Most likely a result of the fix, yeah. You can post the save and I can take a look, though. :)

Ripshaft
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ripshaft »

I quickly found common ground with the biter swarms by negotiating their withdrawl them from the areas near my walls. I'm still undecided on if I want to push the walls further from the pollution sources or if I'll just beef up the wall defenses to handle the swarming... little bit of fire would solve problems fast!

Unfortunately I was too busy being bewildered by the sudden onslaught of bugs that I didn't get any solid action shots or think to save until the action had calmed down slightly lol, but initially on my map it looked like a mid-large enemy base had materialized at my walls, given the solid red, but it was all very angry chitin lol

May get around to finding a save from before it happened to see if I can get a similar swarming reaction.

nicklashj
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nicklashj »

My marathon base is being run over after 15.15.
I have a semideveloped based with around 10 outpost.
All of a sudden huge amounts of biters are attacking everywhere breaking through my defences.
If I reload to a save made hours earlier same thing happens.
I didnt have those issues at that time point though so something have made the biters super aggressive.
I do have quite a few defences and my base would handle the attacks without much issues before, boters are not really set to be that agresive either, I thought that the biters in base would just be an annoyance.
Attachments
2017_Apr_N.zip
(14.16 MiB) Downloaded 55 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

nicklashj wrote:My marathon base is being run over after 15.15.
I have a semideveloped based with around 10 outpost.
All of a sudden huge amounts of biters are attacking everywhere breaking through my defences.
If I reload to a save made hours earlier same thing happens.
I didnt have those issues at that time point though so something have made the biters super aggressive.
I do have quite a few defences and my base would handle the attacks without much issues before, boters are not really set to be that agresive either, I thought that the biters in base would just be an annoyance.
I'm sorry to say but your base was not defended enough and surviving because biters were bugged.
So now they have been fixed to spawn properly it's being overrun. I'm affraid you'd need to downgrade, beef up your defenses/clear some bases and then upgrade again.
Edit:
Actually Oxyd fixed it in a way - if you wait for 0.15.16 then the initial attack will not be so bad you'll just have more attacks in general.

Return to “Not a bug”