water-based power storage

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

dimas7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

water-based power storage

Post by dimas7 »

So now that nuclear power has been added you have a LOT of power, a lot of extra unused power is almost always available
Accumulators are'nt really made to store so much power, as their primary usage is to ensure night-time enegy.
So i was thinking: how can you possibly store large amounts of power for the long-term....

Hydro-energy! The idea is following: If you can give all liquids a certain weight, and build liquid-reservoirs that store the liquids high(like a damb) and make it scaleable you could pump up a lot of liquid when you have too much power
and use the potential energy of the water to generate energy when you have too little.
(this is just an idea, i do'nt know how much such a thing would need to cost or how much power it could generate)

Dimanper
Inserter
Inserter

Re: water-based power storage

Post by Dimanper »

dimas7 wrote:So now that nuclear power has been added you have a LOT of power, a lot of extra unused power is almost always available
Accumulators are'nt really made to store so much power, as their primary usage is to ensure night-time enegy.
So i was thinking: how can you possibly store large amounts of power for the long-term....

Hydro-energy! The idea is following: If you can give all liquids a certain weight, and build liquid-reservoirs that store the liquids high(like a damb) and make it scaleable you could pump up a lot of liquid when you have too much power
and use the potential energy of the water to generate energy when you have too little.
(this is just an idea, i do'nt know how much such a thing would need to cost or how much power it could generate)
Well, all most efficient nuclear reactor designs are already using storage tanks to store excess steam before using it in steam turbines, so i don't really see the point of new items or systems.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”