Upgarding Walls Research

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

K3ks3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Upgarding Walls Research

Post by K3ks3 »

I would love to see a research to upgrading my walls,
because sometimes not only in late game also in early game you have to deal with biters.
If these biters came trough your walls and Not have enough resources to build enough turrets then the biters maybe completely destroying your base (That happend to me quite a lot times :? )
the research could also be infinite, like every upgrade +5% health or somthing (Or maybe less)
Iam not a good Factorio Player but i really enjoying the game and want to improve myself and i feel like this research could make me feel more safe in my base :D
This is simply a Quality of Life Change in my opinion

Sry for my bad english tho

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Upgarding Walls Research

Post by redlabel »

Of all the things I would consider upgrading, walls are not necessarily one of them. I think the easiest and cheapest thing to do is just do a double wall.

Although additionally, yeah, we could have "Reinforced Wall" that requires either a couple iron plates or 1 steel. That would be an expensive wall though.. Perhaps it could have x2 the resistance?
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

K3ks3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by K3ks3 »

okay i never thought about double walls this might help alot (Thanks for that :D)
I actually thought of something like a bonus Health / resistance to upgrade as for example bonus bullet damage you know

But we could also just have a "Reinforced Wall" as you said i would agree with that

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Related thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41888 Iron/Steel/Wood Walls

K3ks3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by K3ks3 »

Tekky wrote:Related thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41888 Iron/Steel/Wood Walls
Thank you for writng this tread link i have looked around quite a long time to find a related tread even if it is not the same :)
i mean you can research stronger walls and not have other types of walls

leoch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by leoch »

But then why not upgrade belts via research the same way? It would solve those blueprint issues (being unable to build blueprints created with high-tech belts in another game).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”