Simple uranium (processing, enrichment, fuel creation) setup

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
ftbreizhbugs
Inserter
Inserter

Simple uranium (processing, enrichment, fuel creation) setup

Post by ftbreizhbugs »

Hi there o/

Here is my simple uranium setup!
A few Centrifuges process Uranium Ore in the upper right.
U238 and U235 flow West to their respective chest thanks to filter inserters. U238 have 6 chests: 5 providers (for ammo supply train that you dont see here) and 1 normal (the rightmost so it have priority on the belt to ensure there are always some to feed the kovarex enrichment /uranium cell production). (i dont think it behave well when the system is overloaded though... will have to check that when i will be dying under both type of uranium... )

Then a splitter. Dont build the fuel assembly before the 2 kovarex centrifuges are running (so before 82/84 U235 !)
Then another splitter. Add the southern centrifuges when U235>40 .

When the 2 kovarex centrifuges are running well, add the assembly to start creating fuel. Limit the provider chest to 1 stack, no need to create a lot of fuel. The splitter can contain only 2 U235/ U238 (each one side of the belt) the fuel assembly will take both and ... wait 10 seconds (base time, more with productivity) cause it has enough for 2 cycles :). 2 more u235/U238 will then wait on the left side of the splitter making all the other flow towards the kovarex centrifuges . (so you need U235>84 with 2 centrifuges for this to work!)

I use this to feed 2 reactors (with bots). When they are running, add the last centrifuge (the one in front of the train) to reprocess the empty uranium fuel cell and put the resulting U238 back in the loop.
Attachments
20170503234830_1.jpg (648.39 KiB) Viewed 5889 times

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Simple uranium (processing, enrichment, fuel creation) setup

Post by Aeternus »

Add 2 fast inserters behind the output ones that input back to the Kovarex centrifuges, so their own output loops back into them. That way they'll slowly get themselves up to capacity and you don't need to babysit them until fuel production starts. You'll only need to input the first bit of uranium in each, and you don't need U-235 on the left belt anymore if you do that.

ftbreizhbugs
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Simple uranium (processing, enrichment, fuel creation) setup

Post by ftbreizhbugs »

Aeternus wrote:Add 2 fast inserters behind the output ones that input back to the Kovarex centrifuges, so their own output loops back into them. That way they'll slowly get themselves up to capacity and you don't need to babysit them until fuel production starts. You'll only need to input the first bit of uranium in each, and you don't need U-235 on the left belt anymore if you do that.
Hi, thanks for your feedback :)
I dont think its very good because of the splitter that will delay the use of a first sucessful loop if i build two centrifuges since the beginning. I didnt really babysit them: in fact i wired the belt before the u235 chest to a programmable speaker that play a piano sound so i knew when one u235 where passing by. When a lot of sound happens at the same time, i knew a successuf kovarex enrichment has happened.
ftbreizhbugs wrote: U238 and U235 flow West to their respective chest thanks to filter inserters. U238 have 6 chests: 5 providers (for ammo supply train that you dont see here) and 1 normal (the rightmost so it have priority on the belt to ensure there are always some to feed the kovarex enrichment /uranium cell production). (i dont think it behave well when the system is overloaded though... will have to check that when i will be dying under both type of uranium... )
I updated the belt system to be overload-safe this time, by just forcing u235 & u238 to stay on their respective half-lane of the belt:
Attachments
uranium -> processing -> storage chest -> fuel assembly / kovarex enrichment / reprocessing -> chest -> ...
uranium -> processing -> storage chest -> fuel assembly / kovarex enrichment / reprocessing -> chest -> ...
20170504131957_1.jpg (761.55 KiB) Viewed 5821 times

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”