Ghost building ☸

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Ghost building ☸

Post by Turtle »

Currently, you cannot ghost build unless you have at least one item in your inventory. It's a bit inconvenient if you don't have the item on hand but have it in your inventory (EDIT: logistics inventory) and just need one. I'd love it if we could add a hotkey (something like shift+right-click on crafting menu) to ghost build. Hopefully people won't confuse it with the shift+left-click and build a ton of stuff though! :lol:
Last edited by Turtle on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Ghost building

Post by ssilk »

Well I think this is a bigger topic, then just this relatively small issue:

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ost#p21075

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ost#p29411
:)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

ssilk i think you forgot to read devs instructions on posting suggestions.
This post presents perfect simple suggestion that is extremely important to improve game-play, not very hard to implement and not messing up game complexity or depth. ssilk Your last suggestion on similar matter was not only very difficult to implement but a pain to read as well.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

irbork wrote:ssilk i think you forgot to read devs instructions on posting suggestions.
I made them. :)
This post presents perfect simple suggestion that is extremely important to improve game-play, not very hard to implement and not messing up game complexity or depth.
Quite clear. I never said this is not useful and didn't say anything to stop discussion about it. I just asked and give information. Please don't mix it up. If I'm not happy with something I normally DO something. :)

Here I just want have things clear and to link the things. You know: someone needs only to know the thread-number to search, if a thread is mentioned in other threads, which is quite useful sometimes. :)
ssilk Your last suggestion on similar matter was not only very difficult to implement but a pain to read as well.
Well my English isn't the best, especially, when I'm tired. Be free to correct me (PM) - I'm always interested to improve my English. :)

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

ssilk wrote:Well my English isn't the best, especially, when I'm tired. Be free to correct me (PM) - I'm always interested to improve my English. :)
Your English is very good but it is so boring to read so long suggestion (you forget the beginning before you reach the end) and it is harder to find specific suggestion when you use forum search option.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. Let me say it so: Everyone else's suggestion is boring. :)

I try to read every suggestion carefully (not always), but with the long ones I also have sometimes problems, especially,
- when they go too deep into details (exact numbers of how much resource/power etc. should be used to built/achieve this and that) or
- are a list of ideas after the first game (I call that "emission"), which is 50% already suggested, another 30% is just bullshit (sorry, but I don't say that normally so directly), 10% is ok and the rest of 10% are really new and good. :)

The last ones are the most difficult to handle, cause such topics tend often after 3-10 posts to be unusable in the end.

So, see my big suggestions as a try to bring everything together. They are many times a "Best Of" about a subject plus own ideas. :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Suggestionsummary

Post by ssilk »

Userstory: As player I want to have a way to build ghosts without owning the item to place it.
Prerequisites: complete.
Game-value: High, cause it enables a bit different game-play, with less unused inventory.
Developer-costs: Implement a way to select all items as ghosts.
User-opinions: Obvious.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Ghost building ☸

Post by ssilk »

This thread plus some linked threads are added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4682 Planning (Signs, Cloning, Ghosts, Blueprinting and more...)

And it has been moved from backlog to suggestions.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”