[.15]Details view stopped working.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[.15]Details view stopped working.

Post by Shokubai »

I can't say for sure but it seemed to correlate with a reveal map command I did. Seems embedded in the save. problem persists on multiple PCs.

Update: Started new game.
Used /c game.forces.player.chart(game.player.surface, {lefttop = {x = -1024, y = -1024}, rightbottom = {x = 1024, y = 1024}})
Initially had details veiw until i move a few steps away,
Last edited by Shokubai on Tue May 02, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Details view stopped working.

Post by Loewchen »

I must admit I do not know what the details view is, please describe it, best with a screenshot.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Details view stopped working.

Post by Shokubai »

Details View is what I've heard the new map zoom level called. Its where you can see (as if standing there) Anywhere you have radar.

As an extra note...The map is no longer updating when i add structures.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [.15]Details view stopped working.

Post by Shokubai »

The .6 update seems to have restored map functionality but I haven't tested doing map clear in .6

Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Soul »

From what I'm understanding you are running a command to reveal a large map area. You can see all entities in the area for a few seconds and then everything on the map "blurs," that is to say looks like it does when you are no longer in that sector and there is no radar coverage and/or active scanning of that sector.

You are wanting it to stay visible always?

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Soul wrote:From what I'm understanding you are running a command to reveal a large map area. You can see all entities in the area for a few seconds and then everything on the map "blurs," that is to say looks like it does when you are no longer in that sector and there is no radar coverage and/or active scanning of that sector.

You are wanting it to stay visible always?
No. The act of doing a clear command caused areas under radar vision to not be visible under max zoom anymore. This isn't a "does not understand fog of war" problem.

Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Soul »

Shokubai wrote:No. The act of doing a clear command caused areas under radar vision to not be visible under max zoom anymore. This isn't a "does not understand fog of war" problem.
Then I'm with Loewchen, if the problem is still occurring could you please show us with screenshots what is happening and what is supposed to happen? It is not easy to understand what you are expecting at this time with the information we have.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Soul wrote:
Shokubai wrote:No. The act of doing a clear command caused areas under radar vision to not be visible under max zoom anymore. This isn't a "does not understand fog of war" problem.
Then I'm with Loewchen, if the problem is still occurring could you please show us with screenshots what is happening and what is supposed to happen? It is not easy to understand what you are expecting at this time with the information we have.
Really? I cant zoom in on the map. The map is functioning like it did in .14. In simple terms the new live zoom level stops working. In addition to this the map stopped updating when i build new things. This was reproducible in new games.

What I am seeing Image

What I could see before.Image

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Please check your kaybinds for zoom in and alternative zoom. It looks like your mouse is now doing alternative zoom only.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

orzelek wrote:Please check your kaybinds for zoom in and alternative zoom. It looks like your mouse is now doing alternative zoom only.
Its a good thought but no. On a fresh zip of .5 i could recreate this reliably. Since the .6 release it seems fixed. My best guess is something about the way chunks are explored was breaking the map or taking too much memory.

Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Soul »

Thank you for providing screenshots. It may seem annoying that I ask for them, but they help a lot more than just text sometimes. Your problem also makes a lot more sense now than it did previously. A few things I notice is that you don't have buttons above your map in the world view, and you don't have buttons below the map in the map screen. Also your boilers look like pre-15 boilers. Are you sure you're running the latest update and Steam didn't switch back or something?

Edit: top left UI is modded, everything else is basegame .15 IIRC.
0.15.6 Boilers + UI
0.15.6 Map + UI Changes

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Soul wrote:Thank you for providing screenshots. It may seem annoying that I ask for them, but they help a lot more than just text sometimes. Your problem also makes a lot more sense now than it did previously. A few things I notice is that you don't have buttons above your map in the world view, and you don't have buttons below the map in the map screen. Also your boilers look like pre-15 boilers. Are you sure you're running the latest update and Steam didn't switch back or something?

Edit: top left UI is modded, everything else is basegame .15 IIRC.
0.15.6 Boilers + UI
0.15.6 Map + UI Changes
ROFL I was at work so i grabbed screenshots from the web to emphasize my description of the problem. Good eye!

Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Soul »

Shokubai wrote:ROFL I was at work so i grabbed screenshots from the web to emphasize my description of the problem. Good eye!
Lol. I was at work as well for my other response as well (before screenshots). Seems like a strange issue. I can't see a setting anywhere in the game (exposed by the UI anyway) that can control map like that. Very weird.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Well..I had the brainy idea to leave the game running last night on this save to see what would happen...if anything.

Seems somewhere along the way I did a clear with a typo. Instead of 4000x4000 I mut have done 40000X4000 and it took that long for the game to clear chunks. Once cleared everything is working normal albeit a bit slower. +1 to bonehead stat.

An interesting but moot point though is that i was able to reproduce the error on new saves on different PC's with MUCH smaller map clear commands. Whatever was the issue in .5 and prior seems to be gone now as the map does catch up after the clear is done.

Return to “Technical Help”