Balanced Mass Storage Buffer (Help me fix it!) FIXED

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
AlexAegis
Inserter
Inserter

Balanced Mass Storage Buffer (Help me fix it!) FIXED

Post by AlexAegis »

I've been working on this for a few hours now but cant get it working.
The main idea is that I want a big buffer storage, so the input and the output is the same, and each column of chests (and inserter hands) contains roughly the same amount of stuff) but its not smooth :cry:
Columns are connected with red wires, inserters are all in read hand (hold) mode, the arithmetic units on the lefts just converts each columns contents to a signal 0-7, the left-most units then adds the signals into pairs ( 0,1 to D; 2,3 to E; 4,5 to F; 6,7 to G) then the top row of inserters are set that the first two works when the signal D is positive, the second two when signal E is bigger than D and so on. (I tried it without pairing the signals too but no luck)

Can somebody check it? Or maybe the whole concept is bad?

Here's is the bp string (0.15.5): (the bottom line of inserters and the divider arithmetic unit on the right has to be set to the specific item you want to store, currently stone)
https://pastebin.com/SXGTZguL
EDIT:
Managed to finish it, working perfectly. And made a post about it here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=45855
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2208 times
Last edited by AlexAegis on Mon May 01, 2017 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Balanced Mass Storage Buffer (Help me fix it!)

Post by mergele »

Can you explain in words what the goal idea what he circuit should achieve in total?
Also how does it not work? What part of it is not balanced?

So far I see that inputs are grabbing sequentially from the same belt which may cause the first to grab more and more often than the latter ones and similar for the output the lane the right-most inserter will output to will have priority in getting it's stones on the output belt compared to the third-from-right one. Solutions for those problems could be to use a 1-8 splitter for the input and either a 8 - 1 balancer for the output or 2 4 - 1 balancers, sideload them onto a belt and then a 1-1 balancer.

AlexAegis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AlexAegis »

Managed to finish it, working perfectly. And made a post about it here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=45855

AlexAegis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AlexAegis »

mergele wrote:Can you explain in words what the goal idea what he circuit should achieve in total?
Also how does it not work? What part of it is not balanced?

So far I see that inputs are grabbing sequentially from the same belt which may cause the first to grab more and more often than the latter ones and similar for the output the lane the right-most inserter will output to will have priority in getting it's stones on the output belt compared to the third-from-right one. Solutions for those problems could be to use a 1-8 splitter for the input and either a 8 - 1 balancer for the output or 2 4 - 1 balancers, sideload them onto a belt and then a 1-1 balancer.
Actually the solution was much simpler, I had to invert the direction of the input so it matches with the direction of the output.

Return to “Gameplay Help”